DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Consultant/Administrator for our growing Consumer Insolvency team. Committed to helping all stakeholders through financial challenges, MNP Limited is one of the largest insolvency practices in Canada. For more than 50 years, our experienced team of Government-Licensed Insolvency Trustees and advisors have been working collaboratively with lenders and debtors at all levels to help protect their interests.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Participate in the delivery of consumer insolvency services
- Conducting formal insolvency appointments including bankruptcies, proposals and receiverships
- Responsible for file documentation and management such as correspondence, invoices, deposits, statements, and reconciliations for each trust bank account
- Post trust receipts, interest allocations and earning and adjustments
- Prepare trust cheques according to predetermined procedures and timelines
- Record asset realization, tax refunds and monthly payments received from the client
- Responsible for ensuring a consistent approach and compliance with policies and legislation as they relate to insolvency
- Complete reports relating to review of proposal acceptance or rejection by creditors
- Follow-up with creditors regarding submitted paperwork or file particulars
- Develop relationships with special loan financiers, insolvency lawyers and client executives
- Assist in e-filing relevant documents in a timely manner with the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy (OSB)
- Prepare and file personal and business income tax returns
- Compile, review and analyze financial data
- Prepare schedules, reports and other documents
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Promote MNP insolvency and advisory services through the delivery of presentations, writing articles, facilitating workshops or participating in community activities
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop knowledge around performance improvement
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or diploma
- Interest in completing Insolvency administration courses and/or interest in working towards becoming a counsellor under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (BIA)
- One (1) to two (2) years of work experience, ideally in a professional services environment
- Work experience or knowledge related to law or banking would be considered an asset
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
MNP encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive salary, our MyRewards@MNP package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.
Connect With Us
Not ready to apply? Create a profile and connect with us for general consideration.