Consultant, Corporate Insolvency
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Consultant for our growing Corporate Insolvency team. Committed to helping all stakeholders through financial challenges, MNP Limited is one of the largest insolvency practices in Canada. For more than 50 years, our experienced team of Government-Licensed Insolvency Trustees and advisors have been working collaboratively with lenders and debtors at all levels to help protect their interests.
YOUR ROLE @ MNP
- Build and prepare technical based analysis such as projections, forecasts and/or models in Excel
- Conduct company and industry research and business analysis including financial viability assessments and security evaluations
- Participate in formal and informal restructurings, which may involve taking possession of assets, operating insolvent entities and dealing with stakeholders through periods of crisis
- Administer formal insolvency appointments including bankruptcies, proposals and receiverships
- Support the delivery of high-quality client service by ensuring client needs are responded to in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Attend internal MNP courses and external professional courses to further develop your knowledge
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a specialization in accounting or finance
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation (or in process)
- 2 to 4 years of experience at a professional services firm, ideally in financial analysis or in insolvency
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to prepare financial projection models including the three principal financial statements (income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement)
- Bilingual (French and English) with strong communication skills in both languages
- Some travel may be required
YOUR REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!