Co-op Student, Valuations
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking an Co-op Student for our growing Valuations team for a four (4) month term beginning May 2018. Committed to delivering real value to organizations, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Through our trusted Valuations team, our Chartered Business Valuators and Accredited Appraisers work with our extensive network of industry specialists to deliver independent, concise valuations assessments in a wide range of areas. These include business valuations, intangible assets, financial reporting requirements, property tax recovery, fairness opinions, litigation support and appraisal services.
When applying, please submit your resume, cover letter, transcript and other applicable forms, as necessary, in one (1) document. Applications for this role will need to be submitted by March 16, 2018.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Assist in the execution of valuation engagements relating to mergers and acquisitions, transaction pricing, regulatory and financial reporting and strategic decision-making purposes
- Participate in business valuations, intellectual property valuations, fairness opinions, financial modelling, and purchase price allocations to help clients understand the value of their business and its components
- Conduct industry research, including comparable companies’ analysis for public company and precedent transaction multiples
- Assist in the preparation of discounted cash flow analysis and other valuation models to arrive at the fair market value of a business
- Assist in the development of weighted average cost of capital utilizing methods such as CAPM
- Assist in the determination of fair value of complex financial instruments
- Build and prepare technical based analysis such as projections, forecasts and/or models in Excel
- Participate in the proposal process and help support the implementation, administration and completion of client engagements
- Assist in preparing correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining findings, facts and highlights resulting from the client engagement
- Support the design, development, formatting and proof reading of high quality professional reports, proposals and correspondence
- Support the delivery of high quality client service by ensuring client needs and are responded to in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary; advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies where applicable
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Note: the work experience in this position will qualify for the work experience requirements for the CFA and CBV, but not the practical experience requirements for the CPA.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration degree (Finance / Accounting major preferred)
- Enrolled in the Co-op program at your post-secondary institution
- Enrollment and/or completion of the CFA Level I exam would be considered an asset, but not a requirement
- Previous work experience in financial analysis, investment banking, valuations and/or professional services environment is an asset;
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, with emphasis on financial modelling with Excel
- Previous experience with S&P Capital IQ is an asset, but not a requirement
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
Our Firm encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers competitive pay that suits the way our team members work and play!
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us
Not ready to apply? Create a profile and connect with us for general consideration.