Co-op Student, Property Tax Services
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Property Tax Services team as a Co-op Student for an 8 month term beginning January 2024. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll monitor markets and legislative changes to ensure that clients are utilizing all available programs and incentives to maximize tax recovery potential on real estate.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
When applying, please submit your resume, cover letter, transcript and other applicable forms, as necessary, in 1 document. The deadline to apply is 11:59PM on Sunday, September 24, 2023.
- Conduct real estate market studies
- Liaise with municipalities, real estate brokers, developers, landlords and tenants to ensure information is collected that will assist in the annual determination of real estate values
- Determine real estate values using various appraisal methods
- Regularly collect and update client information through the request of income / expense statements and rent rolls
- Support the design and development of high-quality deliverables including proposals, engagement letters, reports, presentations and other correspondence
- Work collaboratively with the client engagement team
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or law
- Knowledge of current legislation and impacts to the taxation of commercial properties is considered an asset
- Understanding of real estate valuation for assessment purposes is considered an asset
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. Our MyRewards@MNP program offers perks that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!