Co-op Student, Farm Management Consulting
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Consulting - Farm Management team as a Co-op Student for the Fall term from September 2023 – December 2023. This diverse team of professionals intuitively understands the evolving challenges and opportunities of Farm Management. As a member of the team you will work with clients to collect financial and production information about their farm businesses.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Assist with the delivery of consulting engagements focused on agriculture, agribusiness and other related industry bodies and associations with a dynamic team of financial and agricultural professionals
- Work directly with clients to develop positive working relationships
- Plan and collect financial and other business information through interaction with clients and analysis of their reports and other information
- Assist with the development of project plans and coordinate project logistics with clients and other stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with the client engagement team
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Completion of, or working towards a bachelor’s degree in Agriculture and Food Science or Commerce.
- Experience working in an agriculture environment is preferred
- Working knowledge of farm enterprises, primary producer and/or agri-business is preferred
- Experience working in a consulting and/or professional services environment is considered an asset
- Ability to work without supervision and interview clients to collect business information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills