Co-op Student, Consulting Services
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Be part of the momentum. We are currently seeking a Business Analyst to join our Consulting Services team for a 4-month co-op term beginning January 2020 until April 2020. Driving business excellence, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Consulting team works with organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors to provide innovative strategies tailored to maximize efficiencies, enhance performance and increase profitability.
When applying, please submit your resume, cover letter, transcript and other applicable forms, as necessary, in one (1) document.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
You Can Expect To
- Collaborate with a dynamic team
- Contribute in a fast-paced environment
- Learn from our professionals
- Grow your abilities and your confidence
- Gain an understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Tackle multifaceted problems
- Be challenged and exposed to a range of projects
- Use what you have learned in the classroom
- Have fun!
We Expect You To
- Contribute with the delivery of consulting services
- Provide support with the implementation, administration and completion of client engagements
- Analyze, gather and organize relevant information
- Question inconsistencies in information and help generate workable solutions
- Research, interpret and organize quantitative and qualitative information
- Participate in reviewing of reports, interviews, focus groups and surveys
- Design and develop quality presentations
- Format, develop and proofread professional reports and client summaries
- Provide your perspective on new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Clarify expectations, set priorities and seek feedback from the team
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Finance or similar discipline
- Enrolled in the Co-op program at your post-secondary institution
- Previous work experience in a consulting and/or professional services environment will be considered an asset
- Experience in customer service will be considered an asset
- Analytical skills in reporting and data analysis
- Solid computer literacy including effective working skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
- Research & Analysis – questions inconsistencies in information and generates workable solutions by analyzing, gathering and organizing relevant information
- Accuracy – pays close attention to detail and ensures work and information are complete and thorough
- Willingness to Learn – enthusiastic and eager to meet challenges and assimilate new concepts
Our Firm encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers competitive pay that suits the way our team members work and play!
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.