Co-op Student, Consulting Services - Fall 2018 Term
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to provide you with the coaching, mentoring and feedback required to launch your career.
Be part of the momentum at MNP. We are seeking a Co-op Student for our growing Consulting Services team. Driving business excellence, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Consulting team works with organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors to provide innovative strategies tailored to maximize efficiencies, enhance performance and increase profitability.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Assist in the delivery of consulting services such as program evaluation, strategic planning, business planning and business process improvement
- Assist with financial modeling, business planning, feasibility studies, strategic planning, operational planning, program reviews, program redesigns and other forms of management consulting
- Participate in the proposal process and help support the implementation, administration and completion of client engagements
- Support detailed research, interpretation and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data for the purpose of proposing, planning and implementing business improvements for clients
- Participate in research and review of reports, interviews, focus groups and surveys
- Assist in preparing correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining findings and facts
- Support the design, development, formatting and proof reading of high quality professional reports, proposals and correspondence
- Coordinate project logistics with clients and other stakeholders consistent with project plans
- Support the delivery of high quality client service to ensure clients are responded to in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary; advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies where applicable
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry through experiential learning with clients
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Promote regular attendance, balanced lifestyle and high standard of team wellness
- Working towards a Commerce or Business Administration degree (Accounting and/or Finance major preferably)
- Enrolled in the Co-op program at your post-secondary institution
- Previous work experience in a consulting and/or professional services environment is an asset; preference will be given to candidates that have completed at least one Co-op term.
- Experience in customer service and/or client service is preferred
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
Our Firm encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers competitive pay that suits the way our team members work and play!
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.