Co-op Student, Advisory Services
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to provide you with the coaching, mentoring and feedback required to launch your career.
Be part of the momentum. We are currently seeking a Co-op Student for our Insolvency team for a four-month term from January until April 2019.
Committed to helping all stakeholders through financial challenges, MNP Limited is one of the largest insolvency practices in Canada. For more than 50 years, our experienced team of Government-Licensed Insolvency Trustees and advisors have been working collaboratively with lenders and debtors at all levels to help protect their interests.
When applying, please submit your resume, cover letter, transcript and other applicable forms, as necessary, in one (1) document.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Assist in the preparation of individual and corporate tax returns
- Process documents related to bankruptcy filings
- Review income and expense statements
- Manage incoming proof of claims
- Complete appropriate searches, background and/or credit checks
- Support the delivery of high level client service to ensure client needs and requests on matters are responded to in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Develop positive working relationships with clients and MNP staff
- Open, close, organize and maintain insolvency files
- Create, format, assemble and proofread drafts
- Answer and direct all incoming calls
- Scan and E-file documents
- Prepare letters, as directed, using template letter formats
- Process expense claims
- Respond to inquiries
- Working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting or Finance major preferred)
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Previous work experience in a consulting and/or professional services environment is an asset
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
Our Firm encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers competitive pay that suits the way our team members work and play!
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.
Connect With Us
Not ready to apply? Create a profile and connect with us for general consideration.