Co-op/Intern, Consulting - Economics
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Consulting – Economics team as a Summer Co-op/inter from May - August 2024. This diverse team of professionals understands the business needs of clients and develops innovative strategies by providing leading-edge analysis and research services. As a trusted advisor, you’ll evaluate programs and business alternatives, determine economic and financial contributions, develop public policy and empower clients to make informed strategic decisions.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Assist in the delivery of consulting engagements across all service lines and niches in the private, public, not-for-profit and Indigenous sectors
- Execute business planning, feasibility studies, strategic planning, operational planning, program review, program re-deigns, financial analysis and other forms of management consulting
- Assist with the development of project plans and coordinate project logistics with clients and other stakeholders
- Identify key theoretical issues in engagements, formulating appropriate empirical strategies, understanding complex datasets and synthesizing relevant academic literature
- Conduct detailed research and data collection, interviews, focus groups and surveys
- Perform in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis and consolidate results to provide meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Support the design and development of high-quality deliverables including proposals, engagement letters, reports, presentations and other correspondence
- Work collaboratively with the client engagement team
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Working toward a Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, mathematics, finance or other related field
- Working knowledge of quantitative economic methods
- Experience writing reports and proposals and knowledge of program evaluation methods is preferred
- Experience working in a consulting and/or professional services environment is considered an asset
- Experience or training in project management and business analysis is considered an asset
With a focus on high-potential earnings, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards that support our unique culture and a balanced lifestyle to thrive at work and outside of the office. You will be rewarded with generous base pay, vacation time, 4 paid personal days, a group pension plan with 4% matching, voluntary savings products, bonus programs, flexible benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment, firm sponsored social events and more! The hourly range for this role is $22.00 -$25.00 per hour. Individual compensation is commensurate with skill set, relevant experience, and education.
We embrace diversity as a core value and celebrate our differences. We believe each team member contributes unique gifts and amplifying their potential makes our business stronger. We encourage people with disabilities to apply!