Co-op CPA Articling Student, Assurance and Accounting
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking another Coordinator to join our Regional Marketing team based in Vancouver. MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Positioning the firm for success, our Marketing team supports the growth, business-generating efforts and goals of MNP. This role will support our BC Advisory team and other niches on organizing their business initiatives, incuding, webinars, trade shows, local promotions, etc. We develop and deliver creative and strategic programs that translate the firm’s objectives into market-appropriate media, messages and methodologies.
YOUR ROLE @ MNP
- Responsible for the coordination, tactical execution, tracking and day-to-day administration of the regional marketing campaigns, strategies and initiatives
- Work closely with the Senior Marketing Manager and the BC Advisory Team to organize and coordinate a variety of intitiaves, including, webinars, information sessions, tradeshows, round tables, community events, etc.
- Be a point of contact to speakers, audience and other stakeholders for all digital events held in BC
- Support the region in all areas of marketing including events, sponsorships, advertising, direct marketing, publicity, digital marketing, local promotions, community programs, business development presentations, signage, brochures, website and social media
- Utilize appropriate marketing disciplines and tools to achieve the desired position of the MNP brand (ex: one-on-one communication, paid advertising, use of collateral materials, direct marketing, publicity, event marketing, networking, sponsorship/donations, web based media, etc.
- Provide regular tracking and administration of Firm processes
- Assist in reporting on set regional marketing budgets
- Gather and compile market research for planning purposes
- Maintain marketing materials and collateral including promotional items, brochures and tradeshow equipment
- Perform administrative duties specific to the marketing department such as updating and maintaining databases, client lists and preparing materials for distribution to clients
- Organize client prospect programs in conjunction with other internal resources and other internal marketing-related initiatives
- Work with sponsoring organizations to get MNP speakers on event agendas
- Work alongside leadership with the execution of existing marketing plans
- Conduct other projects and ad-hoc activities as needed
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing and/orcommunications or business administration,
- Possess strong presentation skills
- Proven web based research skills
- Comfortable with using cloud based tools (e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Slack)
- Familiarity with email marketing best practices and systems (e.g. MailChimp and ContantContact)
- Working knowledge of event registration systems (e.g. EventBright)
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in a corporate writing environment is beneficial
- Proficient in Chinese written skill (Mandarin) is considered a strong asset
- Familiarity with using the WeChat platform also an asset
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
- Initiative – highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision
- Accuracy – pays close attention to detail and ensures work and information are complete and thorough
YOUR REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP delivers. You’ll be empowered to share your ideas, take on new challenges and advance your career.
Join a diverse firm committed to maintaining its unique culture and fostering a balanced lifestyle. MNP offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside the office! You can expect: generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored FUN social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, client and team member referral bonuses, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, work-life flexibility, exclusive access to a variety of perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!