Co-op Accountant, Assurance and Accounting - Jan 2024
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
We are currently looking for co-op students to join our Burlington Insolvency office for the January-April 2024 co-op term.
- Develop technical skills in the preparation of personal income tax returns while working in a team environment.
- Gather information and set-up files for personal income tax clients.
- Utilize spreadsheets to calculate income allocations for pre and post bankruptcy income tax returns.
- Prepare personal income tax returns.
- Follow up outstanding items with clients.
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes while effectively using MNP internal programs and systems.
Skills and Experience
- Completion of, or working towards, a degree in commerce or business administration (accounting or finance major is preferred)
- Experience working with personal income tax software is considered an asset.
- Previous accounting related office experience is considered an asset.
- Customer service and/or client service experience is considered an asset.
- Experience working with Microsoft 365 considered an asset.
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!