Co-op, Indirect Tax
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Indirect Tax team as an Co-op Student in January 2024. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll identify benefit entitlements and develop customized federal and local indirect tax strategies that minimize clients’ tax liability while maintaining regulatory compliance.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
When applying, please submit your resume, cover letter, transcript and other applicable forms, as necessary, in 1 document.
- Participate in multiple client facing engagement teams responsible for GST/HST and sales tax planning and management services
- Develop and apply knowledge of Indirect Tax legislation (GST/HST and PST)
- Research new developments in commodity and indirect tax, advise of implications of tax and policy changes
- Research client issues that arise and refer to various Indirect Tax mandates
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies and discuss with managers or engagement partners to develop resolutions
- Correspond with clients and various government agencies to address client tax compliance issues
- Assist in the preparation of high quality deliverables, reports, technical work and management presentations
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Completion of, or working towards, a bachelor’s degree in commerce or business administration (accounting or finance major is preferred)
- Completion of, or working towards, prerequisites for admission into the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP) upon commencement of employment
- Previous tax or accounting related office experience is considered an asset
- Customer service and/or client service experience is considered an asset
- Experience working with accounting and tax software is considered an asset
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!