Bookkeeper, Cloud Accounting Services
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are currently seeking a Bookkeeper for our growing Cloud Accounting Services team. Driving business excellence, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Cloud Accounting Services professionals are revolutionizing the professional services industry through the use of cutting-edge technology. Our innovative, cloud-based accounting software allows us to deliver a full suite of outsourced services to our clients, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bookkeeping, financial reporting and payroll administration.
YOUR ROLE @ MNP
- Work with the Cloud Accounting Services team to execute full cycle bookkeeping and payroll functions for MNP clients
- Prepare and maintain payroll and related government remittances/filings, recording of sales, accounts receivable, expenses, accounts payable, payroll and Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) transactions according to deadlines
- Set up client files and assist with the completion of budgets, administrative planning and other aspects of accounting work
- Maintain, monitor and reconcile GL accounts, including but not limited to cash, bank reconciliations, prepaid expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, accrued liabilities and intercompany and point of sale (POS)/system uploads
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies, discuss with supervisor or engagement partner and develop resolutions
- Communicate with governments regarding information requests, assessments and installments
- Work with cloud accounting software, including QuickBooks Online (QBO), Xero and other cloud-based applications
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and team members
- Provide training for clients on best practices and applicable software packages
- Develop an understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Raise awareness of MNP at community events
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop cloud accounting knowledge
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a certificate or diploma in business or accounting is an asset
- 1 year of full cycle bookkeeping experience
- QBO Basic, QBO Advance and other application certifications are an asset
- Understand and able to administer full cycle accounting in a fast-paced environment
- Basic knowledge of trial balances, general ledger (GL) databases, financial statement close processes and accounting matters
- Basic knowledge of corporate tax is preferred
- Understanding of payroll, bookkeeping and record keeping practices on manual and computerized system(s)
- Experience working with, or exposure to, accounting software such as QBO and/or Xero is preferred
- Experience working with desktop software such as QuickBooks Desktop and Sage 50 is preferred
- Strong computer literacy including advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
YOUR REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!