Associate, Corporate Finance - Mergers and Acquisitions
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking an Associate for our growing GTA-based Corporate Finance team. Positioning our clients for success, MNP Corporate Finance is a leader in providing transaction advisory services throughout Canada. Our team of recognized professionals help clients maximize their potential by providing innovative strategies for divestitures, financing, due diligence and acquisitions. With offices strategically located across Canada, we have the experience and expertise organizations need to take advantage of emerging opportunities in the national and global marketplace.
YOUR ROLE @ MNP
- Responsible for the execution of divestiture, acquisition and financing engagements for clients.
- Assist with the preparation of transaction-related deliverables such as pitchbook discussion materials, pricing analyses, confidential information memorandums, buyer lists and deal closing documents
- Participate in the structuring and delivery of private placements, including syndicated and syndication of debt, mezzanine debt and, private equity placements
- Conduct, interpret and analyse business and market research using mediums applicable to the client business including information gathered during site visits
- Prepare technical based analysis, including building, updating and maintaining financial and valuation models
- Participate in regular meetings with clients to review results and prepare business plans as well as attend meetings with brokers, bankers, and investors
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary; advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies where applicable
- Collaborate on cross-functional teams to deliver client service results
- Formulate market and industry trends, broad synopsis as well as general conclusions
- Identify competitive issues and performance indicators on both a macro and micro level specific to the target market on prospective and active transactions
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Raise awareness of MNP at community events
- Attend internal MNP courses for career development and to further enhance M&A and financing knowledge
- Minimum three years of Corporate Finance related experience
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in business with a specialization in Accounting or Finance; completion of a Master’s Degree in a related field is considered an asset
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation; completion of a Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) designation, and/or a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is considered an asset
- Experience with online research tools such as Capital IQ, Pitchbook, IBISWorld and GF Data
- Extensive knowledge of financial analysis and modeling
- Experience in the preparation and analysis of financial statements
- Strong business writing and communication skills
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
YOUR REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP delivers. You’ll be empowered to share your ideas, take on new challenges and advance your career.
Join a diverse firm committed to maintaining its unique culture and fostering a balanced lifestyle. MNP offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside the office! You can expect: generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored FUN social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, client and team member referral bonuses, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, work-life flexibility, exclusive access to a variety of perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!