Associate, Corporate Finance - Due Diligence
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking an Associate for our growing Corporate Finance - Due Diligence team. Positioning our clients for success, MNP Corporate Finance is a leader in providing transaction advisory services throughout Canada. Our team of recognized professionals help clients maximize their potential by providing innovative strategies for divestitures, financing, due diligence and acquisitions. With offices strategically located across Canada, we have the experience and expertise organizations need to take advantage of emerging opportunities in the national and global marketplace.
YOUR ROLE @ MNP
- Assist financial and corporate acquirers and vendors in evaluating M&A opportunities by understanding deal hypotheses and company value drivers and risks
- Participate in meetings with C-suite management from both the client and the target
- Conduct detailed analysis relating to quality of earnings reviews, sustainability of earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA), quality of assets, working capital profile and potential risks and opportunities
- Complete report writing on transaction services engagements
- Prepare technical based analysis, which may be in the form of projections, forecasts and/or models
- Identify competitive issues and performance indicators on both a macro and micro level specific to the target market
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis to link business strategy to performance and due diligence findings
- Build, update and maintain MS Excel based financial and valuation models
- Assist with the preparation of pitch presentations to prospective clients
- Keep abreast of market trends in order to assess current approaches and compare research results
- Monitor existing approach to research and adapt methods where required
- Formulate market and industry trends, broad synopsis as well as general conclusions
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Raise awareness of MNP at community events
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop your Corporate Finance knowledge
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in business with a specialization in Accounting or Finance; completion of a Master’s Degree in a related field is considered an asset
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Minimum 3 years of experience at a professional services firm
- Experience in a Transaction Services / Due Diligence role is considered an asset
- Extensive knowledge of financial analysis
- Strong technical accounting skills with detailed knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
YOUR REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!