Analyst, Valuations and Litigation Support
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking an Analyst for our growing Valuations team. Committed to delivering real value to organizations, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Through our trusted Valuations team, our Chartered Business Valuators and Accredited Appraisers work with our extensive network of industry specialists to deliver independent, concise valuations assessments in a wide range of areas. These include, business valuations, intangible assets, financial reporting requirements, property tax recovery, fairness opinions, litigation support, and appraisal services.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Work directly with senior staff to deliver business valuations, business interruption claims, quantification of damages and financial modelling
- Assist in the execution of engagements supporting family law, litigation, insurance claims, financial reporting, income tax or estate planning and strategic decision making
- Conduct industry and economic research as it pertains to clients’ needs
- Assist in the preparation of quantification and valuation models
- Build and prepare technical based analysis to support our work
- Remain current on market and economic trends
- Participate in the proposal process and help support the implementation, administration and completion of client engagements
- Work closely with the small local team but also be able to interact with senior staff across practice areas and the national firm
- Support the design, development, formatting and proof reading of high quality professional reports, proposals and correspondence
- Support the delivery of high quality client service by ensuring client needs and are responded to in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Network and take an active role in the local professional, business, and community while raising awareness of MNP and looking for new business development opportunities
- Promote MNP advisory services through the assistance with delivery of presentations, writing articles, facilitating workshops or participating in community activities
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Promote regular attendance, balanced lifestyle and high standard of team wellness
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop knowledge around performance improvement
- Register in and work to obtain the Chartered Public Accountant designation (CPA).
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a specialization in accounting or finance
- Enrolled in, or in the process of enrolling, Chartered Public Accountant designation (CPA) program.
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
MNP encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive salary, our MyRewards@MNP package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm sponsored social events, and professional development assistance.
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.