Analyst, Technology Consulting (Summer)
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Be part of the momentum. We are currently seeking an Analyst to join our Technology Consulting team for a summer term beginning May 2020 until August 2020. Driving business excellence, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Consulting team works with organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors to provide innovative strategies tailored to maximize efficiencies, enhance performance and increase profitability. Specifically, our recognized Technology Consulting team works with clients to translate technology issues and opportunities into meaningful results that meet organizational needs.
When applying, please submit your resume, cover letter, transcript and other applicable forms, as necessary, in one (1) document.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
You Can Expect To
- Collaborate with a dynamic team
- Contribute in a fast-paced environment
- Learn from our professionals
- Grow your abilities and your confidence
- Gain an understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Tackle multifaceted problems
- Be challenged and exposed to a range of projects
- Use what you have learned in the classroom
- Have fun!
We Expect You To
- Participate in the design and development of enterprise software solutions, with a focus on the web
- Contribute in discussions to solve complex problems
- Work with a development team using Agile methodologies
- Participate in internal demos and code reviews
- Complete unit testing, functionality validation and code debugging
- Develop technical documentation and user training manuals
- Interact with clients, as required
- Working towards a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Web Development or similar discipline
- Previous experience with practical application of theory or position related experience in software development is an asset
- Knowledge of relevant technology platforms/languages: Java, C#, .NET Framework, SQL, XML
- Familiarity with Unix-based operating systems is an asset
- Ability to define, create and complete a technical task with minimal guidance
- Experience in the software life cycle, software development processes and methods
- Practical knowledge of code validation and testing
- Ability to articulate a vision and understanding of the complete solution
- Aptitude to form strong and constructive relationships with team members
- Interest and ability in quickly learning new technology and concepts
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Technical Expertise – demonstrates in-depth professional and technical knowledge when completing tasks
- Research & Analysis – questions inconsistencies in information and generates workable solutions by analyzing, gathering and organizing relevant information
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
Our Firm encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers competitive pay that suits the way our team members work and play!
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.