Analyst, Lottery Services
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are currently seeking an Analyst for our growing Lottery Services team. Understanding the complexities of charitable lotteries, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm for this sector. Our team of specialists provide ticket fulfillment and draw control services to organizations across Canada and the U.S and work with regulators to ensure high expectations for integrity are being met. We are committed to strengthening an organization’s reputation and approach to compliance while balancing risk and control.
YOUR ROLE @ MNP
- Review and analyze client information sent for each game
- Evaluate game constraints and notify lottery managers and associates of potential conflicts
- Ensure compliance with procedures based on client specifications
- Use judgment to detect abnormalities such as discrepancies in values and information deemed missing or erroneous
- Scratch lottery tickets and check for specific information to compare the physical ticket to the electronic version; ensure all symbols and graphics are accurate and identical
- 1 to 2 years of professional experience in an office setting
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Acrobat Reader and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Available to work outside weekly scheduled hours during critical periods
- Available to participate in 24/7 customer support
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
- Interpersonal Skills – proven relationship builder with the ability to relate to team members, inspire them to participate and mitigate conflict
- Stress Management – functions effectively when under pressure and maintains self-control in difficult situations
YOUR REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP delivers. You’ll be empowered to share your ideas, take on new challenges and advance your career.
Join a diverse firm committed to maintaining its unique culture and fostering a balanced lifestyle. MNP offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside the office! You can expect: generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored FUN social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, client and team member referral bonuses, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, work-life flexibility, exclusive access to a variety of perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!