Analyst, ERS (Summer Student)
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to provide you with the coaching, mentoring and feedback required to launch your career.
Be part of the momentum. We are currently seeking a Co-op Analyst for our ERS team from May 2020- August 2020 in the Toronto office. Delivering quality in everything we do, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Advisory team works with organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors to provide innovative strategies tailored to maximize efficiencies, enhance performance and increase profitability.
When applying, please submit your resume, cover letter, transcript and other applicable forms, as necessary, in one (1) document.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Work with organizations across various industries, interact and develop relationships with clients and develop your business process and risk management skills
- Execute relevant engagement procedures to assess risks, controls and opportunities for improvement
- Identify, analyze and evaluate exposures and organizational risks
- Support the development of practical recommendations for process and control improvements
- Conduct interviews and other information gathering activities across all levels of client stakeholders
- Support the development of clear and well-written deliverables; communicate issues and rationales with practical recommendations for remediation
- Participate in proposal development and other sales-related activities
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop your Enterprise Risk knowledge
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting, finance, economics, engineering or other related field
- Enrolled in the Co-op program at your post-secondary institution
- Relevant audit, risk management and internal controls experience is an asset
- A strong understanding of business and audit risks is an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of industry standards and best practices related to risk management are assets
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency in both English and French would be considered an asset
- Must be eligible for Secret Clearance at the Federal Government level
- Some travel may be required
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
Our Firm encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers competitive pay that suits the way our team members work and play!
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.