Analyst, Consulting Services - Public Sector
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking an Analyst for our growing Consulting Services - Public Sector team. Driving business excellence, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Consulting team works with organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors to provide innovative strategies tailored to improve programs and policies and enhance performance.
YOUR ROLE @ MNP
- Assist in the proposal, planning and implementation of consulting projects.
- Assist with the research, collection, analysis and interpretation of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Perform strategic planning, operational planning, program evaluation, program re-designs and other forms of consulting.
- Complete business and program assessments focused around people, process and technology; identify potential issues and risks.
- Coordinate project logistics with clients and other stakeholders consistent with project plans.
- Support the design, development, formatting and proof reading of high-quality professional reports, proposals, slide decks and correspondence.
- Coordinate workflow and perform tasks related to proposal creation, production and delivery.
- Promote regular attendance, balanced lifestyle and high standard of team wellness.
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry.
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes.
- Raise awareness of MNP at community events.
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop your consulting knowledge.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree or other combination of advanced post-secondary training and relevant professional experience.
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A demonstrated knowledge of the structure and functions of the different levels of government and the public sector.
- Experience working in a in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience conducting and consolidating qualitative and quantitative research.
- Previous experience or training in project management and business analysis is an asset.
- Previous work experience in a consulting and/or professional services environment is an asset.
- Some travel may be required.
- Other combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
- Research & Analysis – questions inconsistencies in information and generates workable solutions by analyzing, gathering and organizing relevant information
- Accuracy – pays close attention to detail and ensures work and information are complete and thorough
- Willingness to Learn – enthusiastic and eager to meet challenges and assimilate new concepts
YOUR REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP delivers. You’ll be empowered to share your ideas, take on new challenges and advance your career.
Join a diverse firm committed to maintaining its unique culture and fostering a balanced lifestyle. MNP offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside the office! You can expect: generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored FUN social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, client and team member referral bonuses, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, work-life flexibility, exclusive access to a variety of perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!