Analyst, Consulting - Indigenous Services
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking an Analyst for our growing Indigenous Services team. MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm for Indigenous Nations, businesses and entrepreneurs in Canada. With more than 250 Indigenous clients and 300 team members dedicated to this sector, no other firm has invested as much time and resources into serving the unique needs of Indigenous communities.
YOUR ROLE @ MNP
- Perform detailed work involving research, interpretation, and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
- Participate in research, interviews, focus groups, site visits, etc. and complete notes or transcripts where required
- Records of consultation/communications tracking
- Support team members and clients in meetings including logistics support and notes
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes while effectively using MNP internal programs and systems
- Assist in the proposal, planning and implementation of consulting engagements
- Review completed Environmental Assessments/Environmental Impact Statements for sufficiency of integration of Indigenous and treaty rights and compliance with regulatory direction related to Indigenous Nations
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Indigenous consultation and Indigenous treaty rights is required
- Knowledge of Canadian environmental regulatory requirements/processes (federal, provincial, territorial)
- Working knowledge of Indigenous Nations including legislation, programs, diversity and organizations
- Previous work experience in consulting is an asset
- Undergraduate, or graduate, degree in a related field including Indigenous studies, social sciences, environmental sciences, natural resource management, public policy, economics, etc.
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working and presenting in public settings
- A valid driver's licence is required
- Ability to travel across Canada
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
- Critical Thinking – effectively conceptualizes, applies, analyzes and/or evaluates information
YOUR REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!