Administrative Assistant (Term Position- Coop)
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Be part of the momentum. We are currently seeking a Co-Op Administrative Assistant to join our Administrative team in our Strathroy office for a 4 or 8 month work term beginning January 2020 until April 2020. MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Strategically supporting the firm, our Administration team anticipates the needs of our team members and Partners. We effectively communicate information for service lines, industry and specialty groups, and operations at all levels throughout the firm. Our administrators support initiatives and ensure efficiency, allowing MNP to better serve our clients and people
When applying, please submit your resume, cover letter, transcript and other applicable forms, as necessary, in one (1) document.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Perform a variety of administrative and clerical office support activities for multiple staff
- Direct visitors through the office
- Open, sort and distribute incoming mail and couriers
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Create, maintain and update spreadsheets
- Input data
- Maintain electronic and paper filing systems
- Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of office stationary supply rooms including stocking and organization of supplies
- Ensure boardrooms are set up for client meetings and supplies are put away when meetings are concluded
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
Our Firm encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers competitive pay that suits the way our team members work and play!
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.