Accounting Technician, International Corporate Tax
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking an Accounting Technician that is eager to learn and grow within our International Corporate Tax team. Providing the highest level of excellence, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Tax team works with individuals and organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors providing comprehensive strategies that minimize risk, meet tax compliance and reporting requirements, drive efficiencies and maximize returns. Specifically, our International Corporate Tax team helps multinational businesses in Canada, the U.S. and other foreign jurisdictions address their cross-border needs and reduces tax exposure.
YOUR ROLE @ MNP
- Assist with the preparation of Canadian tax returns and other compliance requirements of foreign entities carrying on business in Canada
- Participate in Canadian international corporate tax engagements involving advice on tax planning opportunities
- Set up files for new clients
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns ensuring compliance with government standards for various types of entities
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary; advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies where applicable
- Review, investigate and correct discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries and reports
- Possess a post-secondary degree or certificate in accounting or another relevant field
- 2 years minimum of relevant work experience in Canadian corporate tax compliance is required
- Experience working with, or exposure to, accounting and tax software such as CaseWare, and TaxCycle is preferred
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
YOUR REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP delivers. You’ll be empowered to share your ideas, take on new challenges and advance your career.
Join a diverse firm committed to maintaining its unique culture and fostering a balanced lifestyle. MNP offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside the office! You can expect: generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored FUN social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, client and team member referral bonuses, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, work-life flexibility, exclusive access to a variety of perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!