Accounting Technician, Indigenous Services
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking an Accounting Technician for our growing Indigenous Services team. Delivering quality in everything we do, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Indigenous team is committed to providing meaningful and reliable financial information that ensures our clients are always well protected and positioned.
When applying, please submit your resume, cover letter and other applicable forms in one (1) document. This is a term position that will run from May 2019 to August 2019.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Work with the Accounting team to execute full cycle bookkeeping for First Nation clients
- Administer payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, month-end reconciliations and related government remittances, audits and WCB
- Assist with reporting templates, project out turns (verify against budgets), inventory tracking and other administrative planning as assigned
- Complete bank reconciliations
- Interact with clients and contractors; assist with business and banking setup
- Assist with year-end preparations, T4s, T5s and ROEs
- Enrolled in the Business Admin COOP program with an accounting focus
- Completion of first two years of BBA program
- Experience in payroll, bookkeeping and record keeping practices on a manual and computerized system will be considered an asset
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Working knowledge of accounting software programs such as Sage 50, Sage 300 (AccPacc) and Quickbooks would be considered an asset
- Self-starter who can relate to a broad range of people, takes direction well and can work with minimal supervision
- Ability to administer and understand full-cycle accounting in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with project/job cost
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
- Accuracy – pays close attention to detail and ensures work and information are complete and thorough
- Research & Analysis – questions inconsistencies in information and generates workable solutions by analyzing, gathering and organizing relevant information
MNP encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive salary, our MyRewards@MNP package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.