Accounting Technician, Assurance and Accounting - Agriculture
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are currently seeking an Accounting Technician for our growing Agriculture team. Dedicated to protecting farmers and maximizing results, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm for Canada’s agriculture industry. Since 1958, our agriculture team has proudly worked alongside farmers and processors to keep their agricultural businesses current, competitive and profitable. We have invested more time and resources into understanding agriculture than any other firm. With more than 15,000 agriculture clients and a team of over 600 agriculture specialists, we deliver a diverse suite of services specifically tailored to help operations thrive.
YOUR ROLE @ MNP
- Work with Assurance and Accounting team to execute assignments according to an approved plan and procedures
- Prepare and maintain payroll and related government remittances/filings, recording of sales, accounts receivable, expenses, accounts payable and payroll transactions
- Set up client files, assist with the completion of budgets and other administrative planning and completion aspects of accounting work
- Complete bank reconciliations
- Prepare Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) returns, financial statements and personal and corporate tax returns
- Completion of an Accounting Business Diploma or Certificate
- Experience with preparing T4’s and T5’s and knowledge of personal and corporate tax would be considered an asset
- Understanding of payroll, bookkeeping and record keeping practices on a manual and computerized system(s)
- Experience working with, or exposure to, accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Profile, Quickbooks, AgExpert and Simply Accounting is beneficial
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
YOUR REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP delivers. You’ll be empowered to share your ideas, take on new challenges and advance your career.
Join a diverse firm committed to maintaining its unique culture and fostering a balanced lifestyle. MNP offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside the office! You can expect: generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored FUN social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, client and team member referral bonuses, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, work-life flexibility, exclusive access to a variety of perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!