Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Tax team as an Accountant in Sudbury, ON or Timmins, ON. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll design solutions for clients that meet compliance and reporting requirements, minimize risk, drive efficiencies and maximize returns.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Assist in the completion of tax engagements by computing taxes owed, preparing personal and corporate tax returns (and other compliance slips), preparing year-end tax forms (T4s/T5s), calculating and reviewing share capital
- Set up files for new clients and newly incorporated businesses
- Review legal documents such as articles of incorporation, purchase agreements and amalgamation agreements
- Evaluate existing business processes and policies and advise on policy and tax changes; developing proactive tax strategies that make effective use of business opportunities and ensure businesses are run effectively
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies and discuss with managers or engagement partners to develop resolutions
- Correspond with clients and various government agencies to address client tax compliance issues
- Assist in the preparation of correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining engagement findings, facts and highlights
- Collaborate with client engagement team and build relationships with client contacts
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce or business administration (accounting or finance major is preferred)
- Enrolled in the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP)
- 1 to 2 years of relevant public accounting or tax services experience is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of the Canadian Income Tax Act
- Experience working with accounting and tax software is preferred
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!