Accountant, Canadian Corporate Tax
IT STARTS HERE.
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking an Accountant for our growing Tax team. Providing the highest level of excellence, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Tax team works with individuals and organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors, providing comprehensive strategies that minimize risk, meet tax compliance and reporting requirements, reduce costs and maximize returns.
ROLE @ MNP
- Assist in the completion of tax engagements by computing taxes owed, preparing personal and corporate tax returns (and other compliance slips), preparing year-end tax forms (T4s/T5s), calculating and reviewing share capital, and ensuring compliance with government standards
- Set up files for new clients and newly incorporated businesses
- Prepare journal entries and provide bookkeeping services as required by clients
- Participate in the review legal documents such as articles of incorporation, purchase agreements and amalgamation agreements and advise clients and engagement managers/partners appropriately
- Correspond with clients and various government agencies to address client tax compliance issues
- Assist in the preparation of correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining findings, facts and highlights resulting from the client engagement
- Investigate and correct discrepancies/ irregularities in financial entries, documents and reports
- Raise identified technical issues with manager or engagement partner
- Update manager or engagement partner on the progress of engagements
- Develop and apply knowledge of the Canadian Income Tax Act and related legislation
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas and deadlines
- Liaise and correspond professionally with clients, colleagues and the firm leadership team
- Work with accounting software and provide support to clients
- Develop and maintain relationships with client management
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Raise awareness of MNP at community events
- Coach and mentor junior team members
- Study for CPA while working; effectively manage both work and studies
Skills and Experience
- Successfully obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting or Finance major preferred)
- Enrolled in the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP)
- 1 to 3 years of accounting related experience in public accounting or tax services
- Working knowledge of the Canadian Income Tax Act
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
MY REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!