Assistant Manager - Mission Thrift Store (Winnipeg)
BFM Foundation (Canada) is a national organization with over 51 Mission Thrift Stores across Canada. The net revenue from all Mission Thrift Stores is devoted to Joint Ministry of BFM Foundation (Canada) and Bible League Canada. These funds are used to establish adult literacy programs, provide church planter training, children’s ministry programs, and distribute Bibles in many places around the world. The stores are operated primarily by dedicated volunteers.
Mission Thrift Store Winnipeg is currently seeking a full-time Assistant Manager who understands and supports the vision and purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada). The ideal candidate will have strong relational qualities, who can train and lead volunteers to effectively operate the store. The Assistant Manager needs to be vibrant, passionate and have an entrepreneurial spirit. The right candidate must understand the needs and wants of a thrift store customer and deliver exceptional customer service, understand inventory control, pricing, health and safety regulations, delegating, and motivating plus marketing and financial management.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the BFM Foundation Thrift Store Development Ltd.’s Statement of Faith and Lifestyle and Morality Policy
- In fulfilling your responsibilities, you will be required to pray with people who work or volunteer for Mission Thrift Stores. This may include, but is not limited to opening in prayer at Mission Thrift Store Board and/or Staff Meetings, Mission Thrift Store events, BFM Foundation (Canada) Annual Conference.
- A love for Bible-based ministry in Canada and around the world.
- Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understand retail sales, leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit/volunteer organizations;
- Understand all federal and provincial legislation applicable to volunteer organizations including, employment standards, human rights, occupational health and safety, charities etc.;
- Basic knowledge of human resources management;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and email management would be an asset.
- Effective verbal and written communication
Experience: Management experience in a retail setting; experience with non-profit/ voluntary sector is an asset.
Working Conditions: The Assistant Manager will be working in a retail / office environment, and would be responsible for the thrift store operation, which includes assigning and monitoring a team of volunteers. The Assistant Manager will be required to work days, some Saturdays, and will report to the Store Manager.
Salary Expectations: Remuneration will be commensurate with experience. You may include your salary expectations. Only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
If you feel you have the passion and skill set that would help to advance the purpose of Mission Thrift Store Winnipeg, we look forward to hearing from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
BFM (Winnipeg) Enterprises Society
919 McLeod Ave Winnipeg, Manitoba R2G 0Y4
Attention: Jennifer Smith
*Full Job Description available upon request
BFM (Winnipeg) Enterprises Society welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.