WEALTH ACTUARIAL ANALYST - NEW GRADUATES 2018 & 2019 | TORONTO
Are you looking to join a team that accomplishes outstanding and innovative work? Mercer is the global leader for trusted HR and related financial advice, products, and services. In our work with clients, we make a positive impact on the world every day. We do this by enhancing the financial and retirement security, health, productivity, and employment relationships of the global workforce.
Mercer provides opportunities for its employees to personalize their roles and careers within the Company. We encourage the sharing of intellectual capital in a spirit of partnership. You can expect to be challenged and to be rewarded for your achievements.
We currently have the following Actuarial Analyst opportunity in Toronto with our Wealth Consulting Business, which brings together our Retirement and Investment consulting businesses to help develop holistic and integrated solutions to financial wellness.
The Actuarial Analyst in our Wealth business will be responsible for the following:
- Participation in the design and pricing of client's employee pension plans and executive pension benefits, including cash flow modelling, demographic projections and evaluation of liabilities within an asset-liability framework
- Participation in various phases of an actuarial valuation including the preparation and validation of data, analysis of the plan's gains and losses, analysis of the plan's asset performance, and preparation of the valuation report and related forms
- Production of various experience studies to refine demographic and financial assumptions used in actuarial valuations, including base mortality and mortality improvement analysis, on both plan-specific and Canadian wide perspectives
- Production of year-end accounting disclosure and projection of expenses for pension plans under various financial reporting standards including IFRS, CPA, and FAS and evaluating the impact from a shareholder’s perspective on plan sponsors’ balance sheet, income statement and overall enterprise risk framework
- Designing and implementing strategies to manage defined benefit pension plan volatility, including funding strategy, plan design and risk transfer solutions
- Working with investment consultants to manage pension plan risk from a holistic perspective and looking at both sides of the balance sheet
- Complete benefit calculations, review plan documents, produce employee benefit statements and prepare annual government forms
- Work in an integrated team of professionals to resolve modern actuarial problems in the Canadian pension landscape, including union negotiations, risk transfer and public policy
- Graduating within the next year with a Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or a related field
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; strong verbal and written communication skills
- Superior analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment where priorities and requirements change quickly
- Strong preference will be given to students demonstrating progress towards the ASA/FSA designation
Please include a cover letter and transcript with your resume
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Mercer will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, feel free to contact Stephanie Joseph at +1 416 349 4855 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.ca for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.