CONSULTING ANALYST - NEW GRADUATES 2020 - MULTIPLE OFFICES
WHO WE ARE
Mercer is a global force of over 23,000 unique individuals with a passion for enhancing the health, wealth, and careers of 115 million people worldwide. Mercer’s team of passionate experts are uniquely qualified to help organizations of all sizes and industries design and execute sophisticated workforce strategies. We provide best-in-class consulting, rigorous analytics, and data-driven insights to help organizations make fact-based decisions. We are united by a single idea – to make lives better tomorrow through the actions we take today.
THE POSITION: CONSULTING ANALYST
Mercer's Career Consultants work with clients around the world to engage their most important assets – their people. We help clients address critical questions and issues in a changing business world related to:
Their talent: How to design and implement workforce strategies to position their organization for success today and into the future,
Their executives: How to align executive programs to business objectives to enhance company performance and achieve shareholder objectives, and
Their transformation: How to define and navigate the journey of constant change needed to stay competitive.
The first step in your career with Mercer’s Career business is as a Consulting Analyst. Consulting Analysts work with a broad range of clients and industries, participating as a member of project teams to diagnose issues and design strategic solutions. Mercer brings a diverse range of integrated solutions including: Executive and Workforce Rewards, HR Transformation and Digital Implementation, Workforce Strategy & Analytics, Change Management and Communications, and Employee Voice & Engagement. To learn more about Mercer’s Career practice, visit mercer.com/what-we-do/workforce-and-careers.html.
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE
- Provide quantitative and qualitative analytical support to senior consultants and project teams
- Analyze clients' strategic, financial, and organizational information to provide insights into the development of people strategies and solutions
- Conduct research and perform financial analyses of industry sectors and client peer groups to understand business strategy, corporate performance, compensation and rewards practices and trends
- Design and implement executive, workforce, and sales compensation structures and incentive plans to align pay and performance with corporate strategic objectives
- Develop and implement job evaluation systems, performance management programs, and pay equity strategy
- Collaborate with project teams on the most effective ways to structure analyses and present information in a meaningful way to meet client objectives
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Be challenged to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and have a direct impact on their employees
- Varied and meaningful work where you play a critical role from day one
- Fine tune your natural skills and learn new ones
- Opportunity to work with leading experts in the industry
- Excellent growth, mobility and advancement opportunities across Canada and internationally
- Supportive and inclusive culture that embraces teamwork, collegiality, and cooperation
WHAT WE VALUE
- Strong analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative), excellent Excel capabilities, and working knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications (Word and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills across our diverse practice areas
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- A bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance, accounting, HR, statistics, or math
- Demonstrated internship or co-op experience in consulting or HR would be a strong asset
Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa, Montreal
At Mercer, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our employees with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact. If you thrive on a challenge and enjoy connecting with people, we’re looking for you!
Note that the start date for this position is in Summer 2020.
To apply, submit your cover letter, resume, and university transcripts (all in PDF format) via our website at mercer.ca(Careers Section) before:
- September 20, 2019 for Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa
- October 4, 2019 for Montreal
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Mercer will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, feel free to contact Stephanie Joseph at +1 416 349 4855 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.ca for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MercerCanada
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC). Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.