Marketing Data Support Intern
Marketing Data Support Intern
Location: Canada –Toronto, ON
Starting Date: August 2018
Placement Duration: 8 months - 1 year
Doing business as Mercedes-Benz Financial Services and Daimler Truck Financial, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation has over 100 trained professionals working from two locations, Mississauga and Toronto, Ontario. Mercedes- Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation supports the sales efforts of Daimler products in Canada by offering premier passenger car and commercial vehicle financial services to its retail customers and dealer network.
Our vision is simple yet ambitious: to be the first choice provider of financial services for our dealers and customers in close partnership with the automotive brands. Mercedes-Benz Financial Services provides exceptional service to over 100,000 customers who choose from an array of purchase and lease options for the full range of renowned Mercedes-Benz vehicles including smart and Mercedes-Benz Vans. More than 15,000 customers in Canada enjoy the benefits of leasing and financing their commercial vehicle products including those from Freightliner, Western Star, Fuso and Thomas Bus via Daimler Truck Financial.
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation is committed to building a team that is talented, passionate and empowered. We strongly encourage the professional growth and development of our employees. For more information, visit www.mercedes-benz.ca/mbfs.
As the co-op student in the Marketing Data Support position, you can get on track and aim high with Mercedes-Benz Financial Services. The position of Marketing Data Support Intern provides a wealth of professional skill development and we provide the technology and additional training for you to succeed. The objective of this position is to provide support to the National Marketing Manager and the Pricing & Reporting Analyst.
- Organize and create various internal and external reports on a timely basis. Reviewing both manual and system generated reports for accuracy, trend development and enhancement opportunities using Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Support the National Marketing Manager, Pricing and Reporting Analyst and Business and Marketing Analyst in identifying new product offerings and reveal new opportunities for MBFS.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations for various meetings and functions.
- Identify cost and efficiency opportunities, suggest and implement improvement recommendations accordingly.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects such as dealer contests and meetings, POS material creation and maintenance.
- Support the expansion of our digital platform to achieve a fully digital shopping experience.
- Timely and accurate vehicle information and sales program updates in various POS and content management systems.
- Conduct thorough system testing as per project timeline. Identify and address any issues and concerns in the POS system and consumer website.
- Assist with the creation and on-going maintenance of training manuals for various internal systems and MBFS POS system.
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in process; focus in business and/or finance preferred
- Bilingual in French is an asset but not required
- 1-2 years work experience, preferably in an office setting.
- Detail oriented, organized, “think outside the box” and has the ability to develop and convey creative ideas.
- Excellent relationship management, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop and execute multiple projects in a timely manner
- Confident and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in using MS Office programs (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word). Comfortable with data applications; able to learn new software applications quickly.
Professional and Performance Skills:
- Conflict Management
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Priority Setting
- Driven for Results Corporate Culture:
We offer customer and employeeâ€focused culture in a fast paced, competitive, yet team oriented environment.
Commitment to Equity:
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported.
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation is an Employer committed to the principles of equity in employment. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Don’t forget to check out our company profile on Great Place to Work; we are listed as the 6th best place to work in Canada in the Large and Multinational category for 2016.
Please visit our LinkedIn page for more information on our company at Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation.