Marketing & Communications Support Intern
Eligibility: Currently enrolled in an accredited university or College or not exceeded the 1-year anniversary of the graduation date*
Location: Canada – 98 Vanderhoof Avenue, Toronto, ON
Job Type: Co-op/Intern
Starting Date: August 2019
Placement Duration: 12 months
Doing business as Mercedes-Benz Financial Services and Daimler Truck Financial, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation has over 100 trained professionals working from two locations, Mississauga and Toronto, Ontario.
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation supports the sales efforts of Daimler products in Canada by offering premier passenger car and commercial vehicle financial services to its retail customers and dealer network.
Our vision is simple yet ambitious: to be the first choice provider of financial services for our dealers and customers in close partnership with the automotive brands. Mercedes-Benz Financial Services provides exceptional service to over 100,000 customers who choose from an array of purchase and lease options for the full range of renowned Mercedes-Benz vehicles including smart and Mercedes-Benz Vans. More than 15,000 customers in Canada enjoy the benefits of leasing and financing their commercial vehicle products including those from Freightliner, Western Star, Fuso and Thomas Bus via Daimler Truck Financial.
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation is committed to building a team that is talented, passionate and empowered. We strongly encourage the professional growth and development of our employees. For more information, visit www.mercedes-benz.ca/mbfs.
As the co-op student in the Marketing & Communications Support position, you gain real-world experience and the opportunity to support challenging projects. Some of your responsibilities representing one of the premier luxury automotive brands include:
- External Communications – Assist with the creation and review of brand specific materials, both in print and online, to promote the awareness of Mercedes-Benz Financial Services.
- Point of Sale (POS) Material Support - Assist with the creation and maintenance of various POS material.
- Support Incentive Programs - Assist with the creation, launch and administration of sales incentive programs.
- Inventory Management – Maintain accurate inventory of merchandise and POS material, and ship to dealers nationwide as needed.
- Event Planning – Plan, launch and finalize various dealer meetings or events as required. On occasion, may be required to travel and attend off-site events.
- Other duties as assigned
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communications or Business
- 1-2 years work experience, preferably in an office setting
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to perform tasks with limited supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to plan, develop and execute multiple projects in a timely manner
- Confident and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to communicate effectively with vendors
- Demonstrated proficiency using MS Office programs including PowerPoint
- Knowledge in graphic design and Photoshop is an asset
- Bilingual in French is an asset but not required
- Must have a valid unrestricted “G” driver’s license with a clean driving record
We offer customer and employeeâ€focused culture in a fast paced, competitive, yet team oriented environment.
Commitment to Equity:
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported.
Posting closing date: June 14, 2019
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation is an Employer committed to the principles of equity in employment. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Don’t forget to check out our company profile on Great Place to Work; we are listed as the 10th best place to work in Canada in the Large and Multinational category for 2018.
Please visit our LinkedIn page for more information on our company at Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation.