Marketing & Communications Intern
Eligibility: Currently enrolled in an accredited university or College or not exceeded the 1-year anniversary of the graduation date*
Location: Canada – Mississauga, ON
Job Type: Co-op/Intern
Starting Date: March 2019
Placement Duration: 8 months – 1 year
Doing business as Mercedes-Benz Financial Services and Daimler Truck Financial, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation has over 100 trained professionals working from two locations, Mississauga and Toronto, Ontario. Mercedes- Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation supports the sales efforts of Daimler products in Canada by offering premier passenger car and commercial vehicle financial services to its retail customers and dealer network.
Our vision is simple yet ambitious: to be the first choice provider of financial services for our dealers and customers in close partnership with the automotive brands. Mercedes-Benz Financial Services provides exceptional service to over 100,000 customers who choose from an array of purchase and lease options for the full range of renowned Mercedes-Benz vehicles including smart and Mercedes-Benz Vans. More than 15,000 customers in Canada enjoy the benefits of leasing and financing their commercial vehicle products including those from Freightliner, Western Star, Fuso and Thomas Bus via Daimler Truck Financial.
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation is committed to building a team that is talented, passionate and empowered. We strongly encourage the professional growth and development of our employees. For more information, visit www.mercedes-benz.ca/mbfs.
As the Marketing & Communications Intern at Daimler Truck Financial, you will be responsible for supporting the Commercial Vehicle segment of the company with various marketing needs.
- Develop Power Point presentations for Sales and Marketing department
- Work on developing various digital and print POS items
- Assist with the creation of various communication notices
- Assist with program and contest management
- Assist with maintenance of website content
- Complete various mail merge distribution projects
- Support the planning and logistics of our yearly conference
- Responsible for POS inventory and fulfillment requests from dealers
- Support the sales department through ad hoc requests
- Pursuing, or recently completed, an undergraduate degree in Business (Marketing), Finance, or Communication is preferred.
- 1 - 2 years of work experience, preferably in an office setting
- Bilingual in French is an asset but not required
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Programs (Power Point, Excel, Word, Access)
- Adobe Suite experience is a valuable asset (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to plan, develop and execute multiple projects in a timely manner
- Detail oriented, organized, innovative and has the ability to develop and convey creative ideas
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Excellent relationship management skills
Professional and Performance Skills:
- Time Management
- Written Communication
- Problem Solving
We offer customer and employeeâ€focused culture in a fast paced, competitive, yet team oriented environment.
Commitment to Equity:
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported.
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation is an Employer committed to the principles of equity in employment. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Don’t forget to check out our company profile on Great Place to Work; we are listed as the 10th best place to work in Canada in the Large and Multinational category for 2018.
Please visit our LinkedIn page for more information on our company at Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation.