Internal Communications Intern
Eligibility: Currently enrolled in an accredited university or College or not exceeded the 1-year anniversary of the graduation date*
Location: Canada – Mississauga, ON
Job Type: Co-op/Intern
Starting Date: March 2019
Placement Duration: 8 months – 1 year
Doing business as Mercedes-Benz Financial Services and Daimler Truck Financial, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation has over 100 trained professionals working from two locations, Mississauga and Toronto, Ontario. Mercedes- Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation supports the sales efforts of Daimler products in Canada by offering premier passenger car and commercial vehicle financial services to its retail customers and dealer network.
Our vision is simple yet ambitious: to be the first choice provider of financial services for our dealers and customers in close partnership with the automotive brands. Mercedes-Benz Financial Services provides exceptional service to over 100,000 customers who choose from an array of purchase and lease options for the full range of renowned Mercedes-Benz vehicles including smart and Mercedes-Benz Vans. More than 15,000 customers in Canada enjoy the benefits of leasing and financing their commercial vehicle products including those from Freightliner, Western Star, Fuso and Thomas Bus via Daimler Truck Financial.
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation is committed to building a team that is talented, passionate and empowered. We strongly encourage the professional growth and development of our employees. For more information, visit www.mercedes-benz.ca/mbfs.
In the position as an Internal Communications Intern, you can get on track and aim high with Mercedes-Benz Financial Services. The position of Internal Communications Intern provides a wealth of professional skill development and we provide the technology and additional training for you to succeed. The objective of this position is to provide support to the Internal Communications Specialist.
- Internal Communications – Assist with the creation and review of brand specific materials including eNewsletters, company-wide communication, invitations and review of CEO communication.
- Event Planning – Assist with on-site and off-site event planning including coordination with vendors, set-up, IT testing and teardown. Some local travel required.
- Culture & Camaraderie Committee - Assist with internal committee events including meeting minutes and coordination.
- Community Relations – Provide support with the various external community events, lunch and learns and meetings/ relationship building with community partners.
- Budget Tracking – Keep event expenses up to date and work with Procurement on event orders.
- Project Support – Support with various internal projects including meeting and presentation coordination.
- Other duties as assigned
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Business, Journalism, Communications or Marketing.
- 1-2 years’ work experience, preferably in an office setting.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed oriented, organized, ability to perform tasks with limited supervision.
- Demonstrate ability to plan, develop and execute multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with vendor during the event planning process.
- Demonstrate proficiency using MS Office programs including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of / experience with graphic design, Photoshop, photography and video making
- Confident and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Limited travel across GTA.
- Ability to lift items to 25 lbs.
Professional and Performance Skills:
- Time Management
- Written Communication
- Problem Solving
We offer customer and employeeâ€focused culture in a fast paced, competitive, yet team oriented environment.
Commitment to Equity:
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported.
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation is an Employer committed to the principles of equity in employment. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Don’t forget to check out our company profile on Great Place to Work; we are listed as the 10th best place to work in Canada in the Large and Multinational category for 2018.
Please visit our LinkedIn page for more information on our company at Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation.