Facilities & Administrative Services Intern
Location: Canada – Mississauga, ON
Job Type: Co-op/Intern
Starting Date: August 2018
Placement Duration: 8 months – 1 year
As the Facilities & Administrative Services Intern, you can get on track and aim high with Mercedes-Benz Financial Services (MBFS) Canada Corporation. The Facilities & Administrative Services Intern will provide support services to the Department including but not limited to responsibilities for procurement and invoice processing, assisting with reconfigurations of office space and office event coordination. This role will also provide back-up support to the Meeting Administration resource, company car administrative and reception functions.
- Support the Facilities & Administrative Services area with facilities planning including administrative duties and the reconfiguration of office space projects.
- Work with Corporate Communications to organize conferences, town hall meetings and events.
- Manage office supplies, maintenance and parts inventory including office furniture, equipment and cafeteria supplies.
- Coordinate and facilitate the maintenance of MBFS Canada executive company cars.
- Coordinate with vendors and schedule appointments for maintenance of office equipment.
- Act as the back-up to the Company Car Administrator and reception functions.
- Complete ad hoc duties and projects as assigned.
- Pursuing undergraduate degree or post-secondary education in Business or Operations Management.
- Previous HR work experience in an office setting will be an asset.
- Able to use active listening skills, as well as, excellent verbal and written communication skills to achieve results.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Driven and motivated by a fast-paced environment and have a willingness to learn and be challenged by continual professional development.
- Thrive on cooperation and collaboration within a team as an enthusiastic individual contributor.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to lift items up to 20lbs.
Professional and Performance Skills:
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Integrity & Trust
- Problem Solving
- Time Management/Priority Setting
We offer customer and employee-focused culture in a fast paced, competitive, yet team oriented environment.
Commitment to Equity:
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported.
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation is an Employer committed to the principles of equity in employment. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Don’t forget to check out our company profile on Great Place to Work; we are listed as the 10th best place to work in Canada in the Large and Multinational category for 2018.
Please visit our LinkedIn page for more information on our company at Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation
Find out what A Day In The Life Of A Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Intern looks like!