DTF - Remarketing Support Intern
Eligibility: Currently enrolled in an accredited university or College or not exceeded the 1-year anniversary of the graduation date*
Location: Mississauga, ON
Job Type: Co-op/Intern
Starting Date: August 2019
Duration: 8 months -1 year
Doing business as Mercedes-Benz Financial Services and Daimler Truck Financial, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation has over 100 trained professionals working from two locations, Mississauga and Toronto, Ontario. Mercedes- Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation supports the sales efforts of Daimler products in Canada by offering premier passenger car and commercial vehicle financial services to its retail customers and dealer network.
Our vision is simple yet ambitious: to be the first choice provider of financial services for our dealers and customers in close partnership with the automotive brands. Mercedes-Benz Financial Services provides exceptional service to over 100,000 customers who choose from an array of purchase and lease options for the full range of renowned Mercedes-Benz vehicles including smart and Mercedes-Benz Vans. More than 15,000 customers in Canada enjoy the benefits of leasing and financing their commercial vehicle products including those from Freightliner, Western Star, Fuso and Thomas Bus via Daimler Truck Financial.
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation is committed to building a team that is talented, passionate and empowered. We strongly encourage the professional growth and development of our employees. For more information, visit www.mercedes-benz.ca/mbfs.
The Remarketing Support (DTF) position provides the individual an opportunity to work closely within a face paced team of professionals where they will learn various aspects of the business, contribute to the success of the organization, and continue to develop their professional skills and abilities. The objective of this position is to provide direct business support to DTF Remarketing Manager.
- Organize and administer the inventory of Daimler Truck Financial assets through the Truck Finance Asset Management (TFAM) system from grounding to asset sale. Specifically initial inventory assignment and sale disposition process.
- Oversee the application of vehicle registrations and vendor invoices.
- Organize and create various internal and external reports on a timely basis. Reviewing both manual and system generated reports for accuracy, trend development and enhancement opportunities using Microsoft Excel and Access. Coordinate,
- Collect, review and consolidate data (e.g. from ALFA, BVAL ) and generate necessary reports for Management team review.
- Validate and test the reliability of the data pulled from various sources, propose new administrative procedures to ensure the accuracy of data and summarize and integrate data to generate tables, charts and graphs.
- Assist the Remarketing manager with program development, asset evaluation, and loss mitigation.
- Provide support to and collaborate with Management and Sales Team on various aspects of department responsibilities. (e.g., reporting, presentations, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in process; focus in business and/or finance preferred
- Bilingual in French is an asset but not required
- 1-2 years work experience, preferably in an office setting.
- Detail oriented, organized, “think outside the box” and has the ability to develop and convey creative ideas.
- Excellent relationship management, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop and execute multiple projects in a timely manner
- Confident and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in using MS Office programs (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word). Comfortable with data applications; able to learn new software applications quickly.
Professional and Performance Skills:
- Conflict Management
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Priority Setting
- Driven for Results
â€‹We offer customer and employeeâ€focused culture in a fast paced, competitive, yet team oriented environment.
Commitment to Equity:
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported.
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation is an Employer committed to the principles of equity in employment. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Don’t forget to check out our company profile on Great Place to Work; we are listed as the 10th best place to work in Canada in the Large and Multinational category for 2018.
Please visit our LinkedIn page for more information on our company at Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation.