Credit Operations Support Intern
Credit Operations Support Intern
Location: Canada – Mississauga, ON
Job Type: Co-op/Intern
Starting Date: May 2018
Placement Duration: 12 months
Doing business as Mercedes-Benz Financial Services and Daimler Truck Financial, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation has over 100 trained professionals working from two locations, Mississauga and Toronto, Ontario. Mercedes- Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation supports the sales efforts of Daimler products in Canada by offering premier passenger car and commercial vehicle financial services to its retail customers and dealer network.
Our vision is simple yet ambitious: to be the first choice provider of financial services for our dealers and customers in close partnership with the automotive brands. Mercedes-Benz Financial Services provides exceptional service to over 100,000 customers who choose from an array of purchase and lease options for the full range of renowned Mercedes-Benz vehicles including smart and Mercedes-Benz Vans. More than 15,000 customers in Canada enjoy the benefits of leasing and financing their commercial vehicle products including those from Freightliner, Western Star, Fuso and Thomas Bus via Daimler Truck Financial.
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation is committed to building a team that is talented, passionate and empowered. We strongly encourage the professional growth and development of our employees. For more information, visit www.mercedes-benz.ca/mbfs.
As the Credit Operations Support Intern for our Canadian Credit Operations team, you will be responsible for providing support to the management of the MBFS credit team in a very wide range of functions. Primary focus will be on credit systems development and requisite testing, as well as related business analysis. In addition, the support analyst will have the opportunity to participate in development, testing, and analysis of strategic projects within the department.
- Support the development and requisite testing of business processes in existing credit systems, including resolving current defects.
- Support development, testing, and business analysis of specific projects related to credit systems such as credit scorecard enhancements, digital contracting, and auto approval process.
- Provide management with daily/monthly administrative support by performing tasks including creating presentations, accounting of invoices, and completing reports.
- May include a wide variety of other tasks such as assisting in audits; conducting a review of vendors currently used and proposing cost savings and efficiency solutions; working with Business Intelligence team to support the creation and testing of credit reporting databases, dashboards, and daily/monthly reports.
- Other projects as assigned
- Undergraduate degree or graduate level studies in progress; focus on business and/or finance preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point, especially Excel
- Reporting skills including a knowledge of SQL and MS Access could be an asset
- Ability to execute and effectively communicate status updates on multiple projects / tasks in a timely manner
- Proficient in using MS Office programs (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, OneNote & Outlook).
- Comfortable and able to quickly learn new data and software applications
- Excellent relationship management, verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, organized, innovative and has the ability to develop and convey creative ideas
- French would be an asset but not required
Professional and Performance Skills:
- Attention to detail
- Analytical ability
- Problem Solving
- Timely Decision Making
We offer customer and employeeâ€focused culture in a fast paced, competitive, yet team oriented environment.
Commitment to Equity:
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported.
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation is an Employer committed to the principles of equity in employment. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Don’t forget to check out our company profile on Great Place to Work; we are listed as the 6th best place to work in Canada in the Large and Multinational category for 2016.
Please visit our LinkedIn page for more information on our company at Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation