Sales & Commodity Trader – Based in Calgary or Edmonton
Mayfair Lumber is a Canadian wholesaler of lumber products including lumber, pallets, survey stakes and custom cutting. Given Mayfair’s geographical location we service customers throughout Western Canada and the United States. Mayfair Lumber prides itself in incorporating integrity, high professional standards and extraordinary service.
- Develops relationships with designated clients to meet annual sales goals for new and existing business.
- Manages strong relationships with buyers and suppliers.
- Generates new business with in person, face-to-face sales calls. 5% of the role.
- Take incoming calls and enquiries.
- Shows confidence when engaging in sales negotiation strategies.
- Accesses the most effective parties to transact with.
- Analyze customer behavior and adjust products, logistics, prices, etc. as necessary. Seeks out opportunities and asks for business.
- Executes timely and accurate trades based on market data, movement & prices.
- Implement transactions that offset and manage price risks in careful collaboration with trading team.
- Recommends strategies that can add value and mitigate risks.
- Passionately studies the market daily seeking trends and important themes.
- Agile. Provides moment by moment market intelligence with team members on the trading floor.
- Assists the Team in planning and implementing strategies to attract customers.
- Detailed. Enters sales orders, including inventory, directs, back-to-back and forward on both delivered and customer pick-up orders.
Reports to the Sales Manager. Full time 40 hours per week Monday to Friday. Overtime may be required. Availability to work Tradeshows as needed. We offer a competitive salary, bonus program, extended health and dental plan.