Associate Sales Rep 1 Year Contract (Sales Coordinator)
Who are we? We’re no ordinary CPG company. The toy industry is a fast-paced, trend-driven business that requires our teams to be proactive and nimble. The ideal candidate for Mattel will have the ability to balance multiple projects, deliver results and be an active member of our cross functional team.
We are currently seeking a new grad with 12 months of work/co-op experience for our contract Associate Sales Rep role that will work in conjunction with the Fisher Price Baby Sales Manager to build strategic account plans and service accounts to meet our mutual goals.
- Conduct regular account meetings and be prepared with POS/Ship data analysis, action plans and appropriate follow ups
- Sales planning and item forecasting for multiple accounts
- Review weekly reports, customer sales and marketing programs and other data as necessary to recommend actions to achieve goals
- Support the growth in the online businesses, including item maintenance and forecasting assistance
- Interacts regularly with business and extended Mattel teams to support and enhance the business in both on line and bricks and mortar
- Ad-hoc reports and projects as needed
- Manage day-to-day account details internally and externally including order/shipping follow-up, in-store distribution, sales information/product samples, quote sheets and item set-up, inventory management and various account requests
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business
- Minimum of one-year vendor experience as a sales representative
- Experience on Walmart (Retail Link) or other .ca retailers an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable working in a team environment
- Attention to detail, accuracy is imperative
- Ability to work under pressure in changing environment
- Strong presentation skills and ability to craft a sales story
- Excellent organizational & analytical skills including forecasting experience
- Strong PC skills (Excel/Word/Power Point) required
- Cognos/C-10 skills an asset
The requirements of this position may change from time to time in accordance with the changing conditions of the business. Therefore, Mattel requires the incumbent to be flexible and to assume any corresponding changes in responsibilities.
Mattel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.