As the world's leading insurance broker and risk advisor, Marsh is devoted to finding the opportunity in risk. Companies look to us to help them navigate the daunting global risk landscape, seeing risks others don't and unlocking opportunities others can't. We make a difference in the moments that matter. With more than 30,000 colleagues in almost 500 offices worldwide and annual revenues of $5.8 billion, Marsh serves more clients in more industries worldwide than any firm in our industry.
About the Program – Graduate Trainee
Want to accelerate your career in 2 years? Sponsored by senior business leaders, Marsh’s full-time Graduate Trainee Program is designed to attract and develop the next generation of leaders at the firm. The program puts you in the middle of the action where you will learn how our business operates on a daily basis to meet our clients’ needs.
The Graduate Trainee program is a two-year program comprised of two rotation assignments, each lasting just over one year. Each rotation is customized to provide hands-on experience in both a client-facing and market-facing role. As a Graduate Trainee, you will gain significant exposure to senior leaders throughout the two-year experience. Upon completion of the program, Graduate Trainees will be placed into positions across the firm which will focus on continued career development to promote leadership potential.
Graduate Trainees (GTs) begin by attending a formal Orientation Program at our Toronto Office where they learn about Marsh’s organizational structure and strategic vision, as well as meet and network with senior leaders. Over the course of the two years, GTs periodically come together as a group to participate in business-specific learning activities and in training which enhances leadership and development skills. In addition, GTs will be assigned to teams to work on a business project that is sponsored by and presented to senior leaders.
- Direct exposure to clients and insurance markets in countries around the world
- Actively participate in the development and presentation of client renewal strategy documents
- Develop/maintain relationships with key insurance markets
- Present to clients at renewal strategy meetings
- Create and expand benchmarking report for Fortune 100-500 clients
- Communicate with underwriters and negotiate the best deal for clients
- Work closely with senior leaders on key projects
- Current student in final year with an expected graduation date of Spring 2019
- Bachelor’s degree – Business degree preferred
- Strong analytical aptitude
- Intellectual curiosity
- Leadership and initiative as demonstrated in school, work and/or community
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
- Authorized to work in Canada on a permanent basis
Locations: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver
How to Apply: Apply on our Marsh Canada Careers website
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Marsh will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, feel free to contact Stephanie Joseph at +1 416 349 4855 or via email: email@example.com
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and wellness, tuition assistance, pension plan, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.