Creative, Graphic and Web Designer
As Creative, Graphic and Web Designer on our team, your role is capture the true essence of our company and client brands in everything we do as an agency. Your role will be to produce materials for print and web communications for our company and clients. This role also includes social media management.
Applicants must have:
- Creativity, originality, and a natural artistic flair
- Strong computer and communications skills
- Confidence to present and explain ideas to clients and colleagues
- Awareness of current graphic design trends and a passion for graphic design, web design & typography
- Understanding of Wordpress CMS
- Some knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Flexibility in working with others’ ideas and accepting criticism
- A proven ability to adapt and work within different styles.
- Social media marketing interest & skills
- Excitement & enthusiasm surrounding the field of design, marketing and social media.
The main activities include:
- Creation of high-quality designs and visual content to be used for web communications (e-blasts, web banners, social media content), print materials (business cards, publications, signage, programs, marketing communications) and social media.
- Following Managing Matters’ graphic design process to ensure projects are delivered in an organized and timely manner
- Following client suggestions & ideas to bring creative vision to life
- Working internally with colleagues to discuss client projects and ensure the project is followed according to the graphic design process
- Amending designs according to the clients’ final comments
- Proofreading and preparing designs to be sent to print
- Multi-tasking: often working on more than one project at a time
- Work using a wide range of media, including photography
- Keeping abreast of developments in the industry, particularly design programs
- Learning and understanding the Managing Matters brand and the brands of our clients to quickly produce on-brand visual content
- Working well in a team, with printers, copywriters, photographers and other designers
- Working to tight deadlines
- Social Media management (Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn)
- Well-developed communications and interpersonal skills
- Relevant post-secondary education
- Working knowledge of Wordpress CMS, HTML and CSS
- 1-3 years’ experience in the graphic & web design fields
- Social Media marketing experience
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop – After Effects knowledge an asset)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Powerpoint and Excel)
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Ability to multitask on multiple projects at one time
- Excellent organization skills and ability to take care of details while managing multiple tasks and working under time constraints
- Photography skills an asset
Visit us at www.managingmatters.com
To apply for this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all interested applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.