SALES REPRESENTATIVE (BIOTECH)
JOB POSTING – SALES REPRESENTATIVE (BIOTECH)
Do you want to work in a highly dynamic, interdisciplinary environment at the intersection of nanotechnology, biotech, molecular assay development and clinical diagnostics? Luna Nanotech is looking for a Sales Representative to join our growing team. Luna Nanotech is a fast-growing, young company in the biotech space. We develop and distribute biotech products such as laboratory kits and consumables, custom synthesized nanoparticles, and clinical diagnostics. In the last few years we’ve had fantastic growth and moved into a new dedicated space. We used our expertise from supplying reagents for Covid-19 diagnostics to develop a new comprehensive product line of molecular biology kit products for DNA and RNA extraction and purification. This is where you come in. We need you to help Luna Nanotech grow by increasing sales and building global distribution channels for Luna Nanotech’s product line.
The Sales Representative will work directly with Luna Nanotech’s Chief Operating Officer to develop and implement new sales strategies, establishing new global sales distribution channels, and carry out direct sale activities in the GTA and surrounding area.
- Develop new global sales distribution channels for Luna Nanotech products.
- Market Luna Nanotech technologies and products to biomedical academic community and biotech companies.
- Carry out direct sales to academic biomedical laboratories in the GTA and surrounding area.
- Actively maintain positive relationships with Luna Nanotech distributors and clients.
- Set up and run strategic sales and marketing promotions to drive the sales.
- Participate in preparing marketing material for Luna Nanotech technologies and products.
- Develop and implement methods and strategies to obtain customer feedback on Luna Nanotech products.
- Participate in evaluation of new product concepts/function for technical and cost feasibility.
- Attending biomedical and biotech trade shows to showcase Luna Nanotech technologies and products.
- Provide feedback to assist in developing product documentation including product data sheets, user manuals, and technical notes.
- Writing marketing and sales reports.
Skills and Experience
- IMPORTANT NOTE: the current project is supported by the National Research Council Youth Employment Program and requires the candidate to be between 15 and 30 years old and be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident. The candidate must have a post-secondary degree, and this must be their first-time engagement in this program. The program is targeted towards recent graduates.
- University degree in biomedical engineering, biotechnology, molecular biology, microbiology, immunology, genetics, biophysics, or a related discipline.
- General understanding of molecular biology is required.
- Preferred candidate will have some experience in marketing, sales, consulting, or other business-related activities.
- Knowledge of CRM software such as Salesforce, Hubspot, Freshsale is an asset.
- Driver’s license is an asset.
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of the team.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be a self-starter who doesn't require much oversight.
- Job Type: Full-time, Contract
- Location: Markham, Ontario
- Expected Position Start Date: June 13, 2022
- Project Duration: 10 months
- Compensation: $5,000 / month plus sales commission