Who you are:
- A team first person. You understand that the sum of the whole is more important than the individual parts
- An innovator, a tinkerer, a person who is not satisfied with things as they are but truly wants to shape the future.
- Are intellectually curious, a life-long learner and are both flexible and adaptable to change
- Are ok with ambiguity and recognize that in an innovation environment that failure must be an option in order to truly move up the innovation curve.
- You love to coach and feel rewarded when your team succeeds
- Possess sound judgment, keen eye for details and tenacity for solving difficult problems
- Bring a positive energy to the team and thrive on strong collaboration
- Strive for constant improvement in both yourself and your team in meaningful ways
- Someone who is looked up to for solving difficult problems, bounce ideas off of and providing an alternate viewpoint
- Deliver results through an environment of collaboration and trust
What you will do:
- Facilitate discussions, decision making and conflict resolution processes
- Create and foster a self-organizing and cross-functional team
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all dependencies and impediments are understood so teams are high performing and operating without limitation
- Keep lines of communication open with all stakeholders to understand changing requirements and maintain the product backlog
- Know when to step in and know when to step back and let the team operate without being hands on
You would describe yourself as having:
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I) preferred; Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II) would be an asset
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Scrum Master or High Performance Coach for a software development team who were actively applying Agile principles, practices and theory
- Have worked in and thrived in a fast paced (start-up) environment before
- Knowledge of numerous well documented scrum patterns and techniques (i.e. Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, handling bugs)
- Knowledge of other agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD
- Experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Degree in Computer Science/Business or equivalent experience
- Grilled cheese lunches, a full drink fridge, snacks and daily gourmet coffee
- Team outings and terrific swag
- Flexible hours and strong work life balance
- Great health and wellness benefits
- Corporate RRSP matching plan
- Corporate stock (ADS) purchase plan
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities in accordance with legislation.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
LoyaltyOne is part of the successful Alliance Data family of companies that provide the full range of data-driven loyalty, marketing and credit solutions in more than 80 locations across the globe.
Working with more than 100 leading brands in the retail, financial services, grocery, petroleum retail, travel and hospitality industries to profitably change customer behavior. Through a team of businesses, including one of the leading coalition loyalty programs in the world, the AIR MILES® Reward Program, LoyaltyOne designs, delivers and manages a suite of services focused on consumer data, customer-centric retail strategies, direct-to-consumer marketing, loyalty consulting and more.
LoyaltyOne has broadened its horizons geographically by growing Precima in the European market. With the recent acquisition of BrandLoyalty in the Netherlands, LoyaltyOne has gained the expertise of a global leader in short-term loyalty campaigns, along with a client network that extends throughout Europe and Asia.