LoyaltyOne is a subsidiary of Alliance Data Services headquartered in Dallas, Texas. LoyaltyOne works with more than 100 of North America's leading brands in the retail, financial services, grocery, petroleum retail, and travel and hospitality industries to profitably change customer behavior. Through a team of businesses, including Precima and the AIR MILES Reward Program, each specialize in a loyalty discipline, LoyaltyOne designs, delivers and manages a suite of loyalty marketing services focused on consumer data, customer-centric retail strategies, direct-to-consumer marketing, loyalty consulting and more.
Furthermore, for the last 6 consecutive years, LoyaltyOne was recognized by Hewitt Associates as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada, demonstrating LoyaltyOne's continued commitment to providing a great work experience for its associates and a great service experience for its clients.
About the opportunity:
In this challenging opportunity, you play a critical role in maximizing productivity and ensuring that our teams can perform to the best of their ability.
You will work with a talented, diverse and open minded group of individuals/stakeholders across multiple teams where you will identify and remove any barriers to allow the agile development process to progress without any roadblocks. You will draw upon your strong collaboration skills to influence without authority to meet our collective goals.
Our focus at LoyaltyOne is to work together solving problems large and small, celebrating our successes and shrugging off our failures. Our Mantra is: Wake Up. Be Awesome. Repeat.
We are at the forefront of technology adoption in the enterprise and our work will shape the organization for years to come.
Who you are:
- Possess sound judgment, keen eye for details and tenacity for solving difficult problems
- Bring a positive energy to the team and thrive on strong collaboration
- Strive for constant improvement in both yourself and your team in meaningful ways
- Someone who is looked up to for solving difficult problems, bounce ideas off of and providing an alternate viewpoint
- Deliver results through an environment of collaboration and trust
What you will do:
- Lead the organization’s adoption of agile/scrum practices
- Facilitate discussions, decision making and conflict resolution processes
- Create and foster a self-organizing and cross-functional team
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure all dependencies and impediments are understood so new features can be released in a timely manner
- Key lines of communication open with all stakeholders to understand changing requirements and maintain the product backlog
You would describe yourself as having:
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I) preferred; Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II) would be an asset
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team who were actively applying Scrum principles, practices and theory
- Knowledge of numerous well documented scrum patterns and techniques (i.e. Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, handling bugs)
- Knowledge of other agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD
- Experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Degree in Computer Science/Business or equivalent experience
Interesting perks at LoyaltyOne:
- High impact role with interesting challenges
- Flexible hours and strong work life balance
- Free Starbucks coffee and lattes
- Subsidized catered Bistro café
- On-site gym and massage therapy
- Games room
- Great health and wellness benefits
- Located directly above the St. Patrick Subway station
- One of the highest performing companies in the market (NYSE: ADS)
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities in accordance with legislation.