Data Scientist, Co-Op, Jan '20 (Toronto Location)
LoyaltyOne is part of the successful Alliance Data family of companies that provide the full range of data-driven loyalty, marketing and credit solutions in more than 80 locations across the globe. Working with more than 100 leading brands in the retail, financial services, grocery, petroleum retail, travel and hospitality industries to profitably change customer behavior. Through a team of businesses, including one of the leading coalition loyalty programs in the world, the AIR MILES® Reward Program, LoyaltyOne designs, delivers and manages a suite of services focused on consumer data, customer-centric retail strategies, direct-to-consumer marketing, loyalty consulting and more.
LoyaltyOne has broadened its horizons geographically by growing Precima in the European market. With the recent acquisition of BrandLoyalty in the Netherlands, LoyaltyOne has gained the expertise of a global leader in short-term loyalty campaigns, along with a client network that extends throughout Europe and Asia.
LoyaltyOne is dedicated to enriching the careers and lives of our associates which is evident by the following on-site amenities, including:
- Open concept and casual relaxed attire within the office
- Free on-site coffee, beverages, fruit & snacks
- Subsidized café providing healthy food options
- On-site gym classes, Wellness Centre, GoodLife Membership Discounts Games room, outdoor terrace, mini-putt, ping-pong, shuffle board & Foosball
- High impact role with interesting challenges
- Flexible hours and strong work life balance
- Free shuttle bus from Union Station
- Inclusive events for co-ops, sports games, nights out & more! Internal co-op mentoring program
- One of the highest performing companies in the market (NYSE: ADS)
- The ability to work in an open concept environment with no assigned seating
- Company wide volunteer event and charitable matching donations
To learn more about our promise for passion click on this link:
Precima applies shopper insights derived from machine learning to help retailers and manufacturers drive sales growth and boost profitability. Using comprehensive fact bases of purchase data, Precima's experts help you improve your marketing and merchandising, identify opportunities for growth and align both internal teams and external partners to best meet shoppers' needs.
What will you be doing:
The role will provide process execution and leadership to support Precima merchandising solution. The person will be accessing, analyzing and interpreting point-of-sale, merchandising and marketing data on behalf of Precima clients to implement advanced predictive models leveraging statistics, mathematics and econometrics to support business objectives in merchandising and marketing such as price optimization, assortment optimization, target audience selection, marketing campaign design and execution, and marketing mix optimization.
This role is an integral part of the central analytics Team. The successful candidate will have relevant B2B or retail industry experience and expert capabilities in machine learning and statistical and econometric modeling in pricing, assortment or marketing analytics applications. The candidate will understand the business needs of a B2B, retailer or CPG client as well as the appropriate analytical approaches to merchandising and marketing problems encountered by these clients.
- Implement advanced machine learning techniques and statistical and econometric models to pricing, assortment and marketing mix. Provide analytical consulting on best practices and approaches.
- Interpret, document and present/communicate analytical results to multiple business disciplines, providing conclusions and recommendations based on customer-centric data. Be an internal expert in advanced capabilities.
- Work closely with client teams to develop methodology and implement analysis and technology that enables more profitable pricing, assortment and marketing/promotion decisions in support of partner customer strategies.
- Take analytical objectives and define data requirements.
- Extract, clean, and transform customer and item-level data for purposes of analysis, modeling/segmentation and reporting
- Identify, develop and make recommendations for process improvements and best practices; own implementation of recommendations required.
- Execute on Precima's engagement with Clients, delivering on our commitments and assisting the client to understand and derive the most value out of Precima-provided initiatives and tools.
- Continually support a strategic viewpoint as subject matter experts vs. data support to client.
Masters (PhD highly desirable) in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Economics, Econometrics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science.
Proficiency in developing original statistical and econometric models in pricing, assortment and marketing mix to support clients in B2B, Retail and CPG areas.
Strong experience on SQL, SAS / Python / R.
Proficiency in implementing models using Python or R.