Data and Technology, January 2019 Co-op
At LoyaltyOne, we are problem solvers who love the challenge of the riddle. We help find solutions without being asked. We have an ingrained streak of determination and don't settle for good enough. We are passionate about shaping shopper behavior and we care deeply about giving back to the communities around us.
Today, there are more ways than ever to engage shoppers. At LoyaltyOne, we believe that understanding the people behind the purchase is key to winning their hearts – and their wallets.
For over two decades and from more than fifty locations around the globe, we have paired expertise in shopper behavior with advanced analytics to uncover the data-driven insights that drive successful loyalty, marketing and merchandising solutions.
Across AIR MILES, BrandLoyalty, Precima and Global Solutions, our businesses help some of the world's leading retailers connect with consumers and deliver more value in every visit. Regardless of their role or geographic location, our people are always supported by one of the best teams around. At LoyaltyOne, we know that in coming together we are at our strongest – and that together we can help shape the future for our clients, their shoppers and our communities.
LoyaltyOne is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit www.loyalty.com
LoyaltyOne is dedicated to enriching the careers and lives of our associates which is evident by the following on-site amenities, including:
- Open concept and casual relaxed attire within the office
- Free on-site coffee, beverages, fruit & snacks
- Subsidized café providing healthy food options
- On-site gym, massage therapy and gym classes
- Games room, outdoor terrace, mini-putt, ping-pong, shuffle board & Foosball
- High impact role with interesting challenges
- Flexible hours and strong work life balance
- Public transit discounts
- Free shuttle bus from Union Station
- Inclusive events for co-ops, sports games, nights out, cooking classes & more!
- Internal co-op mentoring program
- One of the highest performing companies in the market (NYSE: ADS)
- The ability to work in an open concept environment with no assigned seating
- Companywide volunteer event and charitable matching donations
To find out more about our unique corporate culture, watch our video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qStYuoCTEkQ
Check out our space here: https://techvibes.com/2018/06/29/killer-spaces-loyaltyone-toronto
Precima applies shopper insights derived from advanced analytics to help retailers and manufacturers drive sales growth and boost profitability. Using comprehensive fact bases of purchase data, Precima's experts help you improve your marketing and merchandising, identify opportunities for growth and align both internal teams and external partners to best meet shoppers' needs Precima tailors the scope and pace of its solutions to the unique priorities of each client. The overall goal is to achieve not just tactical wins but long - term strategic gains, encouraging retailers to broaden the marketing agenda and fully explore the potential of sophisticated shopper insights. Precima's roster of past and current clients includes many leading Fortune 1000 brands, among them some of the top high-frequency retailers in North America. Backed by firsthand experience with leading retail and manufacturing organizations, the Precima team brings a remarkable blend of expertise in loyalty, analytics, marketing and management to help you make more informed and profitable business decisions. - This role is within the Precima team. - This position is located in Toronto.
About the Role
As a Data and Technology Co-Op, you will provide value-added insights to Precima clients through the design, development and implementation of complex database systems. You will carry out data sourcing, transformation, logical/physical modeling, and ETL/ELT development to support deliverables across multiple database projects.
These solutions will support the business objectives such as marketing strategy development and execution, merchandising/category management plans and ad hoc strategic and tactical client issues.
The Consulting & Technology team is responsible for the development and implementation of technology to support and enable profitable product, pricing and promotion decisions in support of partner customer strategies. They will influence strategic direction by ensuring analytic activities are developed in line with business objectives. They will contribute to the success of corporate objectives by developing cutting-edge solutions in support of customer-based marketing strategies
- Participate in kick-off meetings for production projects to ensure alignment across Data, Analytics, Client Services, Reporting Services/Deployment and other key stakeholder groups.
- Gather requirements through internal and external client meetings. Incumbent will develop robust technical specifications in conjunction with the client team and technology partners.
- Data modeling to ensure accuracy and efficiency of data relationships within reports
- Development and maintenance of advanced Database, ETL and BI solutions.
- Work closely with Lead and Sr. Developers in end-to-end development
- Participation in creating, maintaining and updating customized support documents for Production Support team.
- Ensure production jobs are scheduled and coordinated to satisfy client deliverables.
- Work closely with BI reporting team to optimize data preparation and flow of reporting deliverables
- Work closely with Analytics Team to incorporate output of statistical modeling in database
- Participation in business reviews to ensure understanding of retail business processes and products
- Provide a consultative approach in delivering relevant ideas, solutions and results to clients and business partners
- Integrate with retail client teams to operationalize existing and future processes for retail clients
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow within the role and progress toward future career development objectives along a number of potential paths including a focus on Database development, business intelligence, web application development, data modeling, deeper analyses, client relationship management, and/or marketing
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor Degree in any of the following areas: Engineering, Computer Science, Math or other related discipline.
- Knowledge of SQL and stored procedures are considered assets.
- Data Warehouse design principals
- Data modeling and integration
- Unix/AIX/Linux experience is considered an asset.
- BI reporting tool knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent ability to be part of multiple projects/initiatives of varying size and complexity, while simultaneously meeting deadlines in a diverse environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Some overtime may be required
- Experience with databases, algorithms and or software engineering is preferred.
- Employment Opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities in accordance with legislation.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify