PROGRAMS COORDINATOR (PERMANENT – FULL-TIME)
The Lesbian Gay Bi Trans Youth Line is a Queer, Trans, Two-Spirit youth-led organization that affirms and supports the experiences of youth (29 & under) across Ontario. We do this by:
- Providing anonymous peer support & referrals;
- Training youth to provide support to other youth; &
- Providing resources so youth can make informed decisions.
Under the direction of the Executive Director (ED), the Programs Coordinator leads the development of new initiatives/programming while leading the coordination of Youth Line’s Peer Support Program. The Coordinator also works closely with the Volunteer Engagement Coordinator and Shift Supervisors to ensure Peer Support volunteers have the supports needed to excel in their roles.
The ideal candidate is a demonstrated self-starter with an ability to identify areas for growth. They are a fast learner with an aptitude for collaboration, while centering Youth Line’s values. The individual has a strong understanding and ability to support issues and challenges faced by 2SLGBTQ youth across Ontario. The individual enjoys taking on varied roles and tasks, and is able to effectively manage and prioritize their work. The candidate has a personal and professional commitment to anti-oppression, anti-racism, and accessibility.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the peer support service ensuring technology and other aspects of the program are functioning adequately.
- Identify emerging needs and trends; make recommendations for program development.
- Oversee scheduling, meetings, and ongoing communication with shift supervisors.
- Lead the compilation and development of resources required to support service users.
- Lead the maintenance of the referral database to ensure it is current, relevant, and reliable.
- Create policies and procedures to support the Peer Support Program.
- Coordinate program evaluations on a consistent basis.
- Coordinate LGBT Youth-Connect, a new program aimed to create a centralized hub that supports networking, skill-sharing, and collaborations among 2SLGBTQ grassroots youth groups and youth leaders across Ontario.
- Identify opportunities to facilitate workshops are conferences and other external spaces, that further the Mission of Youth Line.
- Work with the Executive Director and other staff to foster new relationships and partnerships, especially those that further our strategic plan.
- Support the Volunteer Engagement Coordinator with Peer Support Volunteers, including: trainings, boosters, and evaluation.
- Work with the Community Engagement and Communications Coordinator to create strategies for program outreach
- Prepare narrative and statistical reports on an ongoing basis.
- Contribute to program and organizational planning including work plans, budgets, and reports to funders.
- Participate in Youth Line meetings and events, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work and/or educational experience/skills in program management, child and youth work, social services, humanities, education or related field.
- Knowledgeable and comfortable with the diverse issues facing lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, transgender, two-spirit, queer, asexual and questioning youth.
- Understands and supports anti-oppression and anti-racism through lived, theoretical and practical methods.
- Experience and commitment to supporting and working with youth, centering learning and growth.
- Demonstrated experience working within a peer support, or similar framework.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and planning skills.
- Ability to address and manage conflict effectively and constructively.
- Demonstrated ability to work both in a team environment as well as independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and all its applications.
- Proficient in social media and able to learn new online technologies used by youth.
- Experience in evaluation and reporting.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets, an asset.
- Experience in group facilitation and training, an asset.
- Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, includes 1-2 shifts of 3:15 – 9:45 pm per week.
- Location: Youth Line office in central Toronto - Accessible venue.
- Flexible balance required in scheduling of work (based on deliverables required). Daily work is within normal office conditions but evening and weekend work is required.
- The position is supervised by the Executive Director.
$40,000 per year plus health benefits (after probation period)
Application for consideration
The LGBT Youth Line only considers applicants that identify as part of the LGBTTIQQ2SA community. Grounded in principles of Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression, we recognize and encourage applications from communities that are further marginalized in employment opportunities, including: Black, Indigenous and people of colour, Trans-feminine people, Disabled people, people with experiences of migration, and people who have experiences of poverty. We particularly welcome applicants from these communities who are youth (under the age of 29). Applicants are strongly encouraged to self-identify in their cover letters, which will be kept confidential.
Submit your resume and cover letter focusing on demonstrated skills and examples of relevant experience, why the position appeals to you, what you can bring to the LGBT Youth Line and what you’re seeking to gain from the opportunity to work with us. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send applications by Tuesday, September 25th, 2018 at 11:59 pm to email@example.com with subject line: Application for Programs Coordinator.