Producers, Educational Content - Bilingual or French; full-time (start date ASAP)
The Learning Disabilities Association of Ontario (LDAO) is a charitable organization dedicated to improving the lives of children, youth and adults with learning disabilities (LDs). LDAO’s mission is to provide leadership in LD advocacy, research, education and services, and to advance the full participation of children, youth and adults with LDs in today’s society.
LDAO, with the support of the Ontario Ministry of Education, has created a bilingual brand, LD@school/TA@l’école, which aims to strengthen Ontario schools’ capacity in the area of supporting students with LDs. It also aims to promote consistency across the province in the use of evidence-based, evidence-informed, and practice-informed approaches for students with LDs. The websites can be accessed at www.LDatSchool.ca and www.TAaLecole.ca.
The expectation is with successful completion of the project the Ministry will renew the contract on Sept 1st 2019. With funding, a new 12-month contract will be available, assuming performance expectations are met.
Number of Positions: Two Producers – Bilingual or French; full-time (start date ASAP)
Job Overview: These positions report to the President & CEO
As the Producers, Educational Content, you will be responsible for:
Under the direction of the President and CEO, these positions will oversee the execution of the contract with the Ministry of Education, and the ongoing development of services to educators on the English website LD@school and the French website TA@l’école. The producers will lead the Learning Disabilities Experts and Educational Consultants in the development of resources for the project.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the production of project deliverables. This will include Web based resources including Video production.
- Track project deliverables using Microsoft Project to track status against contract.
- Organize the promotion of the project and strategize with team to increase website hits.
- Support the relationship with the Ministry of Education, including report production.
- Form and manage relationships with research and educator communities as required.
- Oversee the Learning Disabilities Experts and Educational Consultants on content production.
- Organize meetings with the Advisory Committee as required.
The successful candidate will be a team player and will have the following qualifications and skills:
- 2-3 years experience in an Education or production role.
- Ideally a registered teacher (OCT) or a similar qualification and experience working in an educational environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in French (mandatory for French position); bilingualism an asset for English position.
- Excellent organizational, time management, self-directional and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working on a web-based service and/or multi-media production considered an asset.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Publisher.
Salary range: Salary to be commensurate with experience. Please state salary expectations within cover letter.
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their resume and cover letter to:
Contact email: Lawrence@LDAO.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Job Category: Education, Administration
Industry: Not for Profit/Advocacy
Company URL: www.LDAO.ca
Date Posted: Jan 4th, 2019
Closing Date: Open until filled