Office Administrative Assistant
LEAF National is hiring!
Office Administrative Assistant
The Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF) is a national non-profit organization with a longstanding history dedicated to advancing the equality rights of women and girls through litigation, law reform and education.
We are looking for a responsible Office Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. The Administrative Assistant will provide high level administrative and organizational support, including planning and implementing a range of administrative services that support the requirements of the organization. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in the equality rights of women and girls and will have experience working in the non-profit sector. This is a 3 year full time contract with the possibility of becoming permanent after the 3 years.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to ensure the efficient operation of the office.
- Maintain office order to ensure that each inquiry receives a response.
- Assist in planning meetings and taking detailed minutes.
- Develop and maintain a filing system.
- Order office supplies and research new suppliers.
- Provide general support to all staff, including making travel arrangements and scheduling meetings.
- Assist in organizing conferences, symposiums and fundraising events.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time according to the office’s needs.
Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate of a legal assistant or administrative assistant program and two to three years of administrative experience in a complex office environment, or an undergraduate degree with 2 years or more of relevant experience.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be proficient and effective in the use of information technology and systems, particularly Word, Adobe Acrobat, Excel and basic internet skills.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment, work without supervision, and have a high level of comfort at all levels of the organization.
- Previous experience in a law firm or other legal environment, and in non-profit organizations are assets.
- Strong organizational skills are required to meet the demands of the position.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Must have strong attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize work.
Salary range: $ 40,000 - $ 45,000 a year
How to Apply:
LEAF encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our communities. Applications will be accepted by email only. In the subject line of your email application, reference “Office Administrative Assistant” and your name.
Please submit the following as a single attachment: your cover letter, your curriculum vitae and a list of three employment references (contact name, phone number and email address) to email@example.com.
Applications should be submitted in Word format or PDF. Please do not submit multiple applications or send additional documents.
Applications for this position will be accepted until noon (Eastern) on February 15, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please.