Employment Specialists and Employment Supports Workers - Youth Leadership Development Project
Always on the cutting edge and innovative in serving our communities, Leads Employment is seeking to fill five full time and five half time positions as Employment Specialists or Employment Supports Workers for a Youth Project for Youth Leadership Development stationed at the Leads’ office in Sarnia (new), Strathroy, Stratford, St. Thomas and Woodstock to serve those Counties. This project will establish the infrastructure Youth Council for youth (15-30 years old) with disabilities. The project and positions start date is March 1, 2019 and will end March 31, 2020.
Critical and mandatory elements of this position:
- MUST BE ABLE TO PROVIDE AFTER SCHOOL HOURS AND WEEKEND SERVICES
- Skills Development: Individual skills planning; facilitate workshops, develop modules, train and teach, experiential (work to learn) sessions
- Civic Placement Development and Retention: Placement planning, placement development with and for youth, develop relationships with not for profit employers, secure placements, and assist the youth mentor to support youth mentees to retain them (job coaching as required). Strong marketing skills and train the trainer skills are required
- Understanding of funding legislation, rules and procedures of the service and the necessity to meet contractual targets set forth across service targets
- Must be able to collect and compile data for tracking, assessment and reporting
- Capitalize internal services offered at Leads to support the clients
- Well informed of external services in the communities that can be activated to support the client’s needs
- Flexibility to work hours to accommodate clients’ needs which may result in overtime
- Reliable transportation required. The Employment Specialist and Supports Worker positions are multi-facetted and involve support and follow up to clients and placement employers throughout the catchment area which often does not have public transport. Travel to these areas may be on a daily basis and often involves short notice. Vehicle is required.
- A current satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check and First Aid / CPR and CPI certification; or be willing to obtain certification are required.
If you enjoy Working Conditions that include:
- Interacting with individuals, family members, staff, educators, community service providers and government agencies;
- Travelling to provide services in clients’ and placement employers’ home location;
- Accountability driven with high level of documentation and data tracking;
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting and supporting clients;
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter telling us what interests you about the role of Employment Specialist or Support Worker and resume to: email@example.com stating “ES – Youth Leadership Development” in the subject line.
Leads offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Wages range from $19.48 to $22.55 per hour depending on experience.
Leads welcomes interest from all diversity groups and is committed to accessibility and compliant to AODA. Leads will endeavour to provide accommodations to persons with disabilities in the recruitment and interview process upon request. If you are selected for an interview, please notify the hiring committee to your requirement for accommodation.
Please note: only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.